SupportGerardo

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SupportGerardo.

2016-09-17 16:28

I am a non-EU student at CBS as well. Though I am particularly very careful about never working more than 20 hours/week but I am concerned, this still might happen to me unknowingly. I have inquired about working hours requirements at different portals but I never get one answer for sure. Some people say that I am suppose to never exceed 20 hours /week even if I work less hours the next week, aiming to not exceed 80 hours a month, I. E. 20 hours requirement is not on average but on exact level. Whereas my employer says that I can work 20 hours on average as long as I don't exceed 80 hours a month. E.g. if I work 21 hours one week and 19 the following week then it is not going to be an issue.
I dont want this to happen to anyone when there is no one to tell us the exact policy.
:)

#2 Re:

2016-09-17 16:37

#1: -  

You can only work a maximum of 20 hours a week but if you have a good understanding with your employer, you can work less one week and cover it up in the next but you have to record both weeks as 20 hours instead of 21 hours and 19 hours. At least that is what my employer told me.

The 20 hour limit is mentioned on your residence permit letter.

2016-09-17 19:16

He has worked hard and given back to the Danish society. He deserves not only to stay, but to finish his degree at the minimum.

2016-09-18 11:01

I want to help!

2016-09-18 19:49

Please sign the petition, we need to get the authorities to understand, that this law needs to be changed NOW and that a human solution to the present situation is also required NOW. Before October 2nd!!!

2016-09-19 00:48

Gerardo is an excellent worker, a boy focused and excellent student, entrepreneur and a great resource as a professional and a human being. Any company and country to open its doors to them will have a huge investment as a human and as a professional. I attest delivery, deserves a chance

2016-09-19 07:10

Education is a human right and everyone who is willing to spent time and effort to study hard should have the possibility to do so.
Nicole

#8 He deserves a warning

2016-09-21 06:44

I think it is each individual's responsibility to find out the rules he/she is subjected to, but perhaps the authority could have been a bit more specific on the residence permit from the beginning. Everyone can make a mistake, and he deserves a warning instead of deportation. From now on, the residence permit should be extra specific in stipulating that the rule is 20hrs/week, not 80hrs/month and if you violate this rule, you will be deported. 

#9 Re:

2016-09-21 11:26

#7: -  

They really should have, but tertiary education is not a human right - only primary is.

2016-09-26 19:57

I know Gerardo personally.
I agree that students should be allowed to finish their studies.

#11 Great Letter from Per Holten Andersen

2016-09-28 12:01