Save Lloyds Bank Mevagissey

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Lloyds Bank Mevagissey.

2016-11-10 15:43

It is of vital importance that we save the Lloyds branch in Mevagissey.

2016-11-10 15:49

My parents live in the village and rely on being able to use the banks facilities.
Di Shepherd

#3 Stop this!

2016-11-10 16:06

We need this bank, its as simple as that. We should be progressing into the future not going backwards! - This closure would have savage effect on the elderly & vulnerable aswell as affecting local bushiness' which rely on the bank. Enough is enough, we've already lost our Postoffice, lets stop this preposterous idea!!

2016-11-10 16:44

I may not live in Mevagissey but holiday there every year. The bank is part of the community as was the post office. When are these large companies going to realise that they are ripping the heart out of small communities. The elderly and young families have enough problems without trying to get to St Austell or further to do their banking or get money from an account.

2016-11-10 16:58

I have a shop in Mevagissey and rely on this branch for my business banking

2016-11-10 17:09

A former Mevagissey resident signed because the elderly especially depend on this service being available my father has now passed away but he was a pensioner and non driver this facility was detrimental to him so I know others need the facility!

2016-11-10 17:15

Spent my honeymoon in this lovely village in September. The locals were all so friendly. They do not deserve to be abandoned by the bank like this. Hope it all works out for you guys.

2016-11-10 17:38

As a regular visitor to Mevagissey being able to get funds out of the back is important.

2016-11-10 18:31

Although I don't live in Cornwall used to always use thebank when there. Mevva needs a Bank.

2016-11-10 18:39

I've signed this petition to try and save our bank from closing, I'm an account holder with several accounts. Closing this Branch will caused considerable inconvenience and hardship for those who do not drive or internet. I will have to make other banking arrangements .

2016-11-10 18:52

There are too many villages losing their facilities and it has to stop, no one is thinking of the elderly in all this as well as disabled.

2016-11-10 18:54

Because the elderly and so many others do not drive in meavgissey. If this bank closes it means they will have to waste £5 for the bus or £10 for a taxi to st.austell this is half an hour a way from mevagissey and no one what's to go all that way just to cheek your bank. Or pay a check in. Also the post office has closed so if this bank closes their is no way of getting their money out the shop only do cash back upto a surten amount. Holiday makers come to mevagsissy and every time they ask where is the cash machine or post office. This would also make bussnies lose money beacsue some do not take card payments. But think of the residents of mevagissey who do not drive or can't go far. It's not fair on them.

2016-11-10 19:09

It is vital to local services that a bank remains. Unless Lloyd are prepared to allow the local post office to provide ALL banking services, then this is an absolute travesty to the young, they may not have transport, the old, they may not travel far or trust other methods of banking, the disabled and or ill, the effort involved in what others see as an easy task when your sick or disabled is huge, just enormous. Please urge them not to take away such a vital service for many locals. Remember increasingly people want local services so they don't need to use their cars or public transport, further increasing damaging emissions.

2016-11-10 19:11

As if old ppl and young single parents don't struggle enough, it won't help them shutting the bank down and making them travel all the way to st austell!! Save the bank.....

2016-11-10 20:20

We visit Mevagissey several times a year. We use the bank when there. We also care greatly about the residents and the general prospect of the village.
Charles A

#16 We need our bank

2016-11-10 21:19

When I became a Lloyds bank customer in 1992, the customer service advisor who took my application assured me that the bank worked for the people who bank there, which was what swayed my decision. Bear in mind that I was nine and Barclays were offering a shiny new piggybank. But I chose Lloyds because I truly believed that the bank cared about its customers and I felt I would rather bank with someone who cared.

In the years since I have lost many of my naive childhood misconceptions, but as yet I have always believed that Lloyds employee. If Lloyds choose to withdraw such a vital service from our village, they will lose the goodwill of a great many people, myself included. Whatever business you are in, if you lose sight of the customer you have forgotten what is important. I hope Lloyds will reconsider their decision, as a current personal and business customer losing our bank means losing my custom.

2016-11-10 22:29

it is important to keep services in our local communities

2016-11-10 22:52

I fully agree local banking should be kept in the areas, In my village of St Dennis we lost 3 banks over a few years and alot of people struggle to get to a bank now and I feel loseing the bank in any area is bad news for the community

2016-11-11 00:20

We don't even have a cash point to get money from, but the bank is crucial to so many local people and businesses.

2016-11-11 07:18

As a Lloyds customer, and a frequent visitor to Mevagissey. We use the branch. As there are no cash machines since the Post Office was shut. It is an important part of the village.

2016-11-11 08:02

This ullage deserves to keep its bank - it's the only bank in the village

2016-11-11 10:05

It cannot always be about the money you have to remember the people.

2016-11-11 13:21

Love visiting Mevagissey and the thought that local people are seeing their services eroded in such a way is totally unacceptable

2016-11-11 14:30

To prevent further devimation of our village.

2016-11-11 15:07

As a small business I can't go to town every time I want to pay in money or get change