Суд над Бхагавад-гитой / Attempt to ban Bhagavad-gita

sweety

#3151 ban on bhagavad gita

2011-12-19 04:56

banning the gita is like you are telling someone not to breathe , it is the life air for everyone.

2011-12-19 04:56

BG is for hole man kind how can one deny . Its a book for soul not about our material things. If you ban that book then you are gone back centuries.
Interested people have many ways to read that book sirs.

2011-12-19 04:57

Bhagvad gita is a boon for humanity.
Please do not ban it. Try to understand it and apply it in in your life.

2011-12-19 04:58

Please protect this great vedic knowledge given by lord himself.

2011-12-19 04:59

How can we ban the word of God????!!!!

#3156 Devotees are Genuine

2011-12-19 05:00

Please protect this great knowledge and vedic society devleoped by ISKCON. Please be thought and look how wonderful is the society of devotees.

there should not be a ban on bhagavad gita because this holy book is beyond all barriers of countries and religion.

Please do not ban it.

It is a boon for humanity. Please read and try to understand the message of lord Shree krishna

2011-12-19 05:01

PADA: GBC wanted to suppress AINDRA’s book
Posted on 24. July 2010 by Prabhupada News

Posted Juli 24, 2010: Further note by Krsnacnadra: That he did not have burns to 100% of his body that has been wildly speculated. There was minor burns on his knees and hands and his bottom lip as he was kneeling in front of the gas burners. His face and chest was reddened but there was no blistering of his skin. Of course due to being over eight hours in the position of paying his obeisances there was some lividity present at the burn sites (his face and chest).

Following is a letter that I submitted as a response to the initial situation that transpired soon after Aindra left. We are slowly getting things together and a lot has improved since then. We are still very much in shock and miss him dearly. Yours in the service of Srila Prabhupada ** Aindra dasa

kcdasa108@hotmail.com Wednesday, 21 July 2010 11:11:42 AM panch pgauda@alltel.net Temple President ISKCON Vrndavan
Dear Panc, All glories to Srila Prabhupada. I would like to request that some points could be taken into consideration in relationship to the institution dealing with Aindra Prabhu. Firstly, I would like to say that from my understanding the Temple has been very considerate and kind since our dear friend passed. The passing of Aindra Prabhu has been a shock to the whole devotional community worldwide and great sensitivity care and respect is needed with how the institution handles his arrangements.

How the Temple authorities and the GBC of Vrndavan and internationally deal with these arrangements is of great concern to the devotional community. Aindra Prabhu was fiercely independent and even though he was the leader of the 24 hour kirtan party and a departmental head he never saw himself as an institutional man. It was this quality and realization that kept the kirtan program alive and aloof from the ever changing policies of each successive Temple Administrations and GBCs.

The present Administration and GBC will change, this is self evident, and so the 24 hour kirtan and his will need to have a clear and well defined infrastructure and policy that will ensure that Aindra Prabhu’s legacy and dedicated service to his guru Srila Prabhupada will be protected and maintained nicely.

It has to also be understood that the 24 hour kirtan programme and his Samadhi should never come under the control of any individual, faction or group. The 24 hour kirtan program has become a tradition in ISKCON Vrndavan and should remain independent and free from the ambition and control of any individual faction or group. That is, of course if there is no spiritually advanced and mature devotee who can enthuse and lead the kirtan party.

The Samadhi is more personal and intimate and belongs to everyone and its purity must be strictly maintained and not be allowed to be, controlled or taken advantage of, by any individual faction or group. I would also like to state that there are various misconceptions about Aindra Prabhu circulating around the international devotional community that are largely unfounded and outright mischievous.

Such as; He asked the GBC for Sannyas initiation and to be made a guru that they refused and requested that he take babaji initiation. He has taken babaji initiation from a baba from Radhakunda. That he is giving ‘siddha pranali’ initiation. That he ‘only’ promotes raganuga bhakti. That he has disciples. That he encourages ISKCON devotees to go to take shelter from the babas of Radhakund.

I have discussed specifically these very subjects with Aindra Prabhu only a matter of months before he passed and he was very disturbed and angry that people would make these claims. Those who were his friends knew that he is a very strong and loyal Prabhupada man and would never betray Srila Prabhupada in such a manner. He knew very well what Srila Prabhupada instructed on his disciples going to take shelter outside of ISKCON. He also laughed at the thought that he had the time to go anywhere to take shelter of anyone.

Then there is the idea that the GBC had him killed. Although this sounds improbable it needs to be thoroughly investigated. That means there must be an investigation conducted to be able to make a definitive statement on this matter as soon as possible. The police were only interested in his body and not his room. I humbly request that as far as possible all evidence must be gathered and investigated by independently minded devotees who can be trusted and a report tabled.

There is also the question of a devotee who apparently witnessed the explosion and failed to act in a caring and appropriate manner. This requires investigation and should this claim be true this needs to be deal with for such a lack of care could reflect poorly on the training quality and attitude of the devotional service of devotees who live and serve at the Temple.

As far as his book is concerned Aindra Prabhu and I talked at length on what must be done. We planned to launch it from my home with fortnightly readings and bhajans for those who were interested. This we due to the pressure that the Vrndavan GBC and other GBC members put on him to stop the publishing of his book.

As many of his godbrothers knew of Aindra prabhu and my plans to promote, distribute and reprint his books – several offers have been made to help in funding the initial book publishing.

Prabhu, I do not fear the GBC on this matter which is made especially so since Aindra prabhu is no longer present and cannot be hurt by anyone, so I will do my very best to make sure that his wishes are done.

I am suggesting that a trust is formed with specifically RadheShyam, myself and several of his close friends to manage his book. I know that this is not specifically the area of responsibility of ISKCON but as I know you were also close to him and that you need to know.

Anyway prabhu, thank you for hearing me and for all the assistance and sensitivity in which you have dealt with the arrangements to do with our friend Aindra Prabhu
Yours in the service of Srila Prabhupada, Krsnacandra dasa

http://www.prabhupadanugas.eu/?p=13056

2011-12-19 05:02

"Bhagavad-gita As It Is" is guidance of real-life, everybody have right to read it. To ban this book against the human right.

2011-12-19 05:03

http://www.archive.org/details/TheHeartOfTrancendentalBookDistribution
The Heart of Trancendental Book Distribution

A Dialectic Synthesis of the Correlative Dynamics of Internal and External Pure Devotional Principles
Creator: Sripad Aindra dasa

http://ia600202.us.archive.org/13/items/TheHeartOfTrancendentalBookDistribution/aindra.pdf

Pls donor ban bhagvad Gita. By reading bhagvadgita we donor indulge
In meat eating,gambling,intoxication and illcet connections.
Who ever reads it there life is successful .

please do not ban the words of god , they are for the well being of the whole human race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOMaXut7B5I&feature=related
Harinama Sankirtana Revolution Manifest by His Grace Aindra Prabhu

2011-12-19 05:04

Aindra Dasa: "The Heart of Transcendental Book Distribution"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H42bNDcIsTE&feature=related

2011-12-19 05:04

2011-12-19 05:05

Bhagavad Gita is the most Holy book in the world. and it spreads love of Goadhead. this book brings peace in the world. please do not ban this book. this book is great gift from God to all of us espically the younger generation. Hare Krsan.

2011-12-19 05:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O44ahgxCzp0&feature=related
Aindra Prabhu Kirtan for Jayapataka Swami

2011-12-19 05:06

Please give value to the other religions as you follow yours. Do not ask expert opinion from unknown people who are totally irrelevant to the book

2011-12-19 05:06

http://www.vaniquotes.org/wiki/Category:Rascal
A devotee sometimes takes the risk of approaching nondevotee rascals even at the cost of life. The best example is your Christian religion's Lord Jesus Christ
Although people declare themselves great scientists, economists, philosophers, politicians and sociologists, they are actually nothing but rascals
As there are in Vrindaban some residents like monkeys and hogs, similarly there are many rascals in the name of Vaisnavas, be careful of them
At the present time, especially in India, so many rascals are claiming to be incarnations, and people are being misled. Therefore, the identity of an incarnation should be confirmed by the descriptions of the sastras and by wonderful activities
B
Be self-sufficient so that these rascals may see that how one can live very peacefully, eating the food grains and milk, and chant Hare Krsna. This is our mission
Because he is rascal, therefore he's 'ex,' excommunicated. My Guru Maharaja kicked him out, so what is the value of his word? Ex means he's executed. That's all. He's finished
But I do not wish to die. Why shall I be cheerful? You rascal, you say, "Become cheerful." (laughter) "Cheerfully, you become hanged
D
Devotee means to become fully qualified with all the noble qualities. Devotee does not mean a rascal, at the same time, a devotee
Dhira means intelligent, cool-headed, not rascal. So this very word is used, dhira. Dhira means cool-headed, not disturbed
Don't take this so-called material civilization has got any value. Reject it. You see? And be prepared for going back to home, back to Godhead. That should be aim. Don't be allured by these rascal leaders
E
Even the Lord's criminal activities make His devotee the most fortunate person. How can a mundane rascal understand the pastimes of Krsna and judge whether He is moral or immoral?
F
First of all let them prove that they are sane men. They are all insane rascals. Why shall I take their words? We are taking words from Krsna, who is accepted the Supreme by all the acaryas, all the great sages
First of all, you have to know who is guru. If you accept one rascal as guru, how you can be helped?
From a distant place, if you see that a railway engine is coming, you'll see the light. So a rascal will say, "A light is coming." But one who knows, he will say a train is coming
H
How a rascal can become a professor? That is the defect of modern day education
How rascal
I
I am pleased that you are making serious study of our Krishna philosophy, so I want that you go on like this until you will able to defeat any challenge from atheists and rascals, then your preaching work will have real potency
I am traveling all over the world to see that at least one man may understand. They have spoiled the whole situation by misinterpreting, by malinterpreting, and by bringing some rascal and pose as leader. The whole world is spoiled
I have heard with delight of your preaching attempts in Corsica. That is one of our businesses, to expose these rascals who are cheating and who have no spiritual asset
I have protested this false God consciousness in all my purports. That is my business, to punish all these rascals
I may be most fallen rascal. But if I try to reach Krsna through Radharani, then my business is successful. Therefore we should worship Radharani first. That is our business
I never criticized church, mosque, never. Because whatever it may be, at least there is God consciousness. So they're good. I criticize only these rascals, disobey the commandments
I say the Indians are becoming insane. By the influence of so many rascals they are becoming insane. So that has to be rectified. But insanity is prevailing all over the world, but not so much insanity as in India, that they are rejecting their own things
If I had been a little liberal and called it "God conscious", all rascals would have brought, "Here is my God"
If a rascal is busy, that means he's simply spoiling the energy. Just like monkey. Monkey is very busy. Of course, according to Mr. Darwin, they are coming from monkey
If the kanistha-adhikari thinks that "I have become uttama-adhikari," then he's a rascal
If you remain always addicted to sinful activities, how you can see God? That is not possible. You have to give up these rascal, sinful activities
If you simply fix up your mind on the Lotus Feet of Krishna, the rascal mind cannot disturb you anymore
If you want to preach some rascal philosophy, you do. Why you take Bhagavad-gita? That is cheating
In Bhagavad-gita, therefore, it is clearly stated, in the Sixteenth Chapter, verse 17, that rascals of self-made authority, being puffed up by illegally collected money, perform yoga without following the authoritative books
Intelligence is good, but over-intelligence means rascal
It is document, I have to choose each word very soberly and if I have to think of management then I cannot do this. I cannot be like these rascals who present something mental concoction to cheat the public
It is the Yamaraja's duty to see that these rascals who have forgotten Krsna, or God, and come here to enjoy material sense gratification, they must be punished. Because material sense gratification is always sinful
It is very important that we now expose the nonsense theories of these rascal scientists who assert that life comes from matter. They say that life comes from some chemicals, but they cannot say wherefrom these chemicals have come
It is very regrettable that these European and American boys who are purely Vaisnava and who follow all principles are not allowed by the rascals to enter the temple
J
Jesus Christ told, if I remember, that "Lord, excuse these persons," who were crucifying him. Is it not? He knew that "These rascals, they are killing me, but... They are offending certainly. So they do not know that I cannot be killed
Just like I show you sometimes how to mop. So I am not a mopper, but I am showing how to mop. So our position is like that. We do not belong to any varna and asrama. But we have to show these rascals L
Lord Buddha's only mission was, "Let these rascals first of all stop this animal-killing, then they'll understand further about spiritual advancement"
M
Many times they give me very great credit that I have done wonderful. Yes, I have done wonderful. But what is the reason? Because I am not a rascal. I speak what Krsna has spoken. That's all. Very easy
Material lust is a kind of heart disease, and to cure the material heart disease of the conditioned soul, it is recommended that one should hear, but not from the impersonalist rascals
My Guru Maharaja was also alone. And why not? All these rascals, why shall I call him intelligent?
My Spiritual Master sometimes called me such names as fool and rascal and I remember that day always and feel transcendental pleasure
My angle of vision is that throughout the whole world everyone is good and innocent, only they have been misled and corrupted by rascal leaders
N
Newton was a rascal. You know Newton was a rascal?
Non-acceptance means...
O
Obstinate rascals
One who remains a great fool number one before his guru, he is guru. And one who says that "I'm advanced so much that I can speak better than my guru," then he's rascal. This is the process
One who says, "God is dead, there is no God," he's a rascal number one. Nothing else. Immediately take him he's a rascal number one
Others rascals may be misled, but in India at least there must be an ideal class. That I want. Why India's name should be defamed?
Our Indian people are sab janta (Bengali)… Yes. They are mudhas. Avajananti mamma mudhah. Mudha, they are rascals
Our only business is how to implement the instruction of Krsna, the rascals may understand and be happy. That is our mission
R
Rascal civilization. Instead of giving protection to the cows, you are cutting the throat. Is that civilization?
Rascal editors
Rascal gurus
Rascal means...
Rascal mind
Rascal missionary
Rascal number one
Rascals of self-made authority
Rascals take shelter of man-made scriptures and try to compete with Lord Krsna. That is the greatest difficulty one encounters when trying to promote spiritual consciousness in human society
Rascals, being controlled by mental speculation, make huge arrangements by which to enjoy life temporarily, but they must give up the body at the time of death, when everything is taken away by Krsna's external energy
Rascals, they say that "Aurobindo is greater than Krsna"
Recently, before coming here, one of my students, Syamasundara, he took me from the airport on helicopter to my temple, and he spent one thousand pounds for that rascal thing. Unnecessarily
S
Siksa-guru does not mean he is speaking something against the teachings of the diksa-guru. He is not a siksa guru; he is a rascal
Simply rascals
Simply to stop the killing of animals, Lord Buddha compassionately appeared. Some rascals put forward the theory that an animal has no soul or is something like dead stone
So Dr. Radhakrishnan was a big rascal
So far we are concerned, when our spiritual master used to chastise, we took it as blessing. That was very nice. And he would chastise like anything. "Damn rascal, foolish, stupid," anything, all good words
So many rascals, they declare that "God, I am God." That is the last snare, Mayavada
Suppose a rascal remembers Krsna at the time of death
T
The leaders are rascals and the followers are rascals and they're all going to hell. Nature's law is very strict
The man, the man or woman, one who are very much sexually attached, he is a rascal. One should give up his company. And another rascal who is not a devotee of Krsna
The more you fight with these rascals, the more you advance in Krsna consciousness. You are a fighting soldier. Krsna very much appreciates
The question is that I am eternal and why I have been put into this temporary life? This is intelligent question. This is the problem. But these rascals, they have set aside this real problem
The rascal leaders say it is primitive to remain on the farm, but to do business in the city and become rogue and rascal, that is advanced T cont.
The rascal means the Mayavadi, karmi, jnani, yogi, all they are rascals. It is our open declaration. So we have to give up the company of these rascals
The rascals say that our coming to this material world is due to the lusty desires of the father and mother; therefore the child has no meaning
The rascals, they agree to die. We do not agree to die. We want to come to our original position, no more death. This is our motto
There are many rascals, they say you can chant any name. Why? Why the sastra says sravanam kirtanam visnoh, chanting and hearing about Visnu, not for any other god?
There are so many rascal philosophers. You also preach your own philosophy. Why do you take Bhagavad-gita? And where is nonviolence in Bhagavad-gita
There is no education throughout the whole world, there is no university. So they are simply producing rascals. So my only request is that don't become rascals
There must be now checking that all these rascals may not join and spoil the movement. You should not admit. They can come and go. So how it will be done unless you GBC members become very strong and with good brain?
There was two fight in the Indian history. One is Rama & Ravana, and one is Kuruksetra. And the hero is Vaisnava. We are going to produce such Vaisnavas, not these dull rascals, sitting down
Therefore God comes again to inform these rascals that "Now you have tried so much, better give up this, come to Me again"
These atheists, they have been taught to worship the form of Lord Buddha, and Buddha is incarnation of Krsna, so one day they will be delivered. But these rascals (Mayavadis) will never be delivered
These rascals are all frogs
These rascals depend on the senses-sense perception. Therefore they are rascals. Imperfect sense perception they believe too much. Therefore they are rascals
These rascals, they are born fools and rascals, and they are working in rascaldom. Therefore, whatever they are doing, it is defeat. Therefore this crisis has come
These rascals, they are thinking that by so-called economic development, by exploiting material resources, we shall be happy. That is not possible. The best example your country has given
These rascals, they think that animals are to be killed for the satisfaction of the tongue of the human being. No sense. No sense. And still they are passing on as religious heads
This another rascal came, that "I am God." If you are God, so why you have become dog? They say it is lila
Those rascals who do not know about Him think that Krsna is like one of us
Those who have taken this movement very seriously, they should be very sober and understand at least you must expose all these rascals. That will be very much appreciated by Krsna
Those who work very hard for material benefits are vimudhas, foolish rascals, because such happiness will not endure
To give protection innocent citizen or animals from being injured by the rascals, the government or the king should take his sword and kill immediately. Not that general killing. You can capriciously kill anyone and give evidence
Two kinds of rascals - nondevotee of Krsna and woman-hunter - reject immediately
W
We are offering to everyone everything that is nice: nice food, nice family life, nice music, nice philosophy, nice association. Only a rascal will not accept this gift of Krishna Consciousness
We don't want that such kind of rascal God; we want God who hasn't got to work anything
We don't want these Vaisnavas, sitting down rascals; we want Arjuna or we want no one
We have got very simple test in Krsna consciousness movement how to distinguish between an intelligent man a rascal. As soon as we understand that he's not Krsna conscious, he's a rascal. Bas. There is no need of testing
We have many experiences in the past of Mayavadi rascals who delude their followers by posing themselves as Krsna in order to enjoy rasa-lila
We know Krsna is feeding. But if he's a rascal, we don't want. We don't want to feed the rascals, we want to feed the devotees
We must learn all of us, to defeat these nonsense rascals, and curtail this epidemic of Impersonalism, which is fatal to the innocent people. We can stop this epidemic with this information of Krishna Consciousness, and it is our duty to do it
We read some nice philosophical portion from Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam. Yes. You have got ears. (shouts:) But the rascals are not coming! That is their rascaldom. Because they will go to hell
We want that you learn from Bhaktivinoda Thakura, you learn from Vyasadeva, you learn from Narada. But why you are learning from Freud, from Darwin and such rascals? Education means you should learn from a person who is authorized
When people do not surrender to Krsna, they manufacture so many Krsnas. So many rascals to surrender to
Why these rascals, they deny there is no God, God is dead? Because they want to continue their rascaldom without any restriction
Y
You are depending on this verbal root, that verbal root, and interpreting your meaning in a different way. All this is nonsense. This grammatical jugglery of words, will not save you at the time of death. You rascal, you just worship Govinda
You are rascal number one. I don't want to waste my time. When you make solution of these problems, then we shall talk. Now go on researching and befool your followers that in future you'll get
You are spending millions of dollars for giving up this LSD, and our power is so strong, as soon as one comes, he gives up. But you are so rascal, you do not appreciate
You become guru, but you must be qualified first of all. Then you become... What is the use of producing some rascal guru?
You come and preach. The country is going to hell, the human society is going to hell for misguidance. These rascal leaders, they're going to hell themselves and they're leading others

Related categories

This category has the following 6 related categories, out of 6 total.
F

[+] Fools and Rascals (27)
M

[+] Mischief (10)

[+] Mudha (11)
R

[+] Rascaldom (24)

[+] Rogue (12)
V

[+] Vagabond (2)
Categories: Irresponsible | Deception

2011-12-19 05:07

dont ever dare to ban hindu mythology....it always had preached the best possible way of living life...so think as many as times before taking such kinda decision

2011-12-19 05:09

this petition is to save the humanity all over the world, because BHAGWAD GEETA is a holy and spirtiual book for the whole universe and humanity.

Please dont ban Bhagavad Gita in Russia

http://www.vaniquotes.org/wiki/Category:Bhagavad-gita
List of cited verses from Bhagavad-gita As It Is
A
A Krsna conscious person should not be bewildered by fools; he should avoid all unauthorized commentaries and interpretations on Bhagavad-gita and proceed in Krsna consciousness with determination and firmness
A person trying to be perfectly Krsna conscious by hearing the words of Krsna from Srimad-Bhagavatam or Bhagavad-gita certainly has all the dirty things cleansed from the core of his heart
A pure devotee is not confused by misguiding commentaries on Bhagavad-gita because he knows what is what
According to Bhagavad-gita this atheistic conclusion is false. In the verse under discussion it is stated that Krsna is the original cause of the material manifestation
According to Bhagavad-gita, at the time of death, if you are going on thinking, "Oh, Pakistan is my enemy," then you get a birth in Pakistan
According to the development of consciousness, God realization is present. In the human form of life it is recommended, therefore, that one undergo the different types of penances and austerities described in Bhagavad-gita
Actually because the Gita is spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead it is sruti. But people take it as smrti because it is part of the Mahabharata
All these materialists are described in Bhagavad-gita as naradhamas. They have attained the human form in order to get released from material bondage, but instead of doing so, they become further embarrassed amid the miserable material conditions
Any knowledge of the world, and knowledge - even material, spiritual, social, political, scientific, philosophical - any knowledge you'll find entirely in this Bhagavad-gita
Any yajna performed with this complete knowledge and understanding is described in Bhagavad-gita as brahmarpanam, or a sacrifice offered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
Arjuna had to fight in the battlefield, but at the same time he heard Bhagavad-gita. Our motto shall be like that. Neither we shall fight alone, without Krishna Consciousness, nor we shall give up all possible facilities in Krishna Consciousness
Aryans do not deviate from the instructions of Krsna, nor do they have doubts about Krsna, but non-Aryans and other demoniac people fail to follow the instructions of Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam
As confirmed in Bhagavad-gita (18.61), the Supreme Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna is the all-pervading omnipresent Supersoul. Therefore one who is a yogi can worship only Him because He is the substance and not illusion
As described in Bhagavad-gita, the caste system is the creation of the Lord and is arranged according to the quality of work rendered to society and not in terms of birthright, as falsely claimed in the present degraded society
As one Manu follows another, the cult of Krsna consciousness is being imparted, as confirmed in Bhagavad-gita
As soon as we chant Hare Krsna or chant Bhagavad-gita or Bhagavata, so He is present immediately by His vibration. He's absolute. Therefore try to remember His words of instruction; you'll not feel separation. You'll feel that He is with you
As stated in Bhagavad-gita, a materially contaminated person transmigrates to another material body by material consciousness. At the time of death he thinks materially and is therefore transferred into another material body
As stated in Bhagavad-gita, when one is engaged in the transcendental loving service of the Lord, he is immediately situated on the transcendental platform of kaivalya, or Brahman
As stated in the Bhagavad-gita (4.8), the Lord and His eternal associates, who are also liberated souls like the Lord, come down on this earth at certain intervals
At least in India there must be an institution that is strictly following the principles of Bhagavad-gita. This is my institution. We don't want anything more, other help. We simply request them that "Give some of our men permanent residentship"
At the present age people are embarrassed with so many things that it is hardly possible to divert his attention in all the Vedic literatures. This one literature (Bhagavad-gita) will do because it is essence of all Vedic literature
At the present moment, however, everyone is engaged in technological advancement, which is described in Bhagavad-gita as ugra-karma - extremely severe endeavor. This ugra-karma is the cause of agitation within the human mind
Authority of Bhagavad gita
B
Because Bhagavad-gita is wrongly preached all over the world by nonsense commentation, we want to rectify it. Therefore our society is specially named "Krishna conscious"
Before me, many swamis, yogis, they came to the Western countries, and most of them spoke on Bhagavad-gita, but not a single person was a devotee of Krsna
Bhagavad gita culture
Bhagavad gita is authoritative
Bhagavad-Gita means...
Bhagavad-gita and the Srimad-Bhagavatam are like torchbearers for the blind people of this age
Bhagavad-gita can be read or heard many times, but because it gives great pleasure, the more one reads Bhagavad-gita the more he gets the appetite to read and understand it
Bhagavad-gita clearly states that one who does not accept the sastra-vidhi, or rules and regulations mentioned in the Vedic scriptures, and acts whimsically or puffed up with false pride never attains perfection in this life
Bhagavad-gita contains the complete knowledge of Vedic wisdom
Bhagavad-gita for example is the vani of Lord Krishna
Bhagavad-gita is as clear as the sunlight. As you do not require to see the sun with another lamp, similarly, you do not require to study Bhagavad-gita with another commentation of a common man who has no knowledge
Bhagavad-gita is meant for...
Bhagavad-gita is meant to show how one can understand his spiritual existence and his eternal relationship with the supreme spiritual personality and to teach one how to go back home, back to Godhead
Bhagavad-gita is nondifferent from Krsna
Bhagavad-gita is not meant for the loafer class. It is to be understood by the heads of the society
Bhagavad-gita is the entrance. Then Bhagavata is graduate and Caitanya-caritamrta... This is the step by step. But if one is sincere everything becomes revealed. He does not commit mistake
Bhagavad-gita is the science of God. Everything has scientific process of understanding
Bhagavad-gita is the universal book of knowledge, and our Krsna consciousness movement is based on this Bhagavad-gita. We have not manufactured anything
Bhagavad-gita minus Krsna. This is going on. Whole nonsense
Bhagavad-gita was authoritatively discussed between Lord Krsna and Arjuna
Bhagavad-gita was spoken directly by the Supreme Lord, and Arjuna accepted Krsna as guru, or spiritual master. Similarly, we should accept only Krsna as the supreme spiritual master
Bhagavad-gita, the essence of all the Upanisads
Bhagavad-gita, yes. You do not read even. You should have reference immediately
Bhakti-yoga is the system that the Gita recommends above all others. Generally, the bhakti-yogis are engaged in five different ways: santa-bhakta; dasya-bhakta; sakhya-bhakta; vatsalya-bhakta; and madhurya-bhakta
Bible begins, "God is the supreme authority," and Bhagavad-gita concludes, "You surrender." Where is the difference? Simply the description is according to the time, society, and place and people
Bible is not different from Bhagavad-gita, but when one is perfectly conversant with Bible, he'll understand more nicely Bhagavad-gita. It is not contradictory. It is helpful
By His inconceivable potency the Lord can become the universal form, as explained in Bhagavad-gita, and at the same time He can remain within the box of His devotees as their worshipable Deity
By executing the process of devotional service, especially by hearing Srimad-Bhagavatam or Bhagavad-gita from realized souls, one can understand the science of Krsna, or the science of God
By studying Bhagavad-gita, one can become a soul completely surrendered to the Supreme
C
Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the illiterate brahmana and the Bhagavad-gita
Can the Bhagavad-gita be sung?
Chance to take help from scriptures like Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam
Chant Hare Krsna, read Bhagavad-gita. Then take prasadam. Then go to office or work
Contemptuous sons are born of the condemned womb of their mother. In Bhagavad-gita (1.40) it is said, "When there is deliberate negligence of the regulative principles of religious life, the women as a class become polluted
Cooperation on the basis of Bhagavad-gita
D
Don't try to interpret in a different way. The whole mischief is that everyone has got his own theosophy. And Bhagavad-gita is a popular book, and he wants to prove his own philosophy through Bhagavad-gita
E
Especially Mahatma Gandhi, he was actually a great personality. There is no doubt about it. But so far Bhagavad-gita is concerned, he did not know anything
Even Sankaracarya, in his commentary on the Bhagavad-gita, has accepted Narayana as the transcendental Personality of Godhead who appeared as Krsna, the son of Devaki and Vasudeva E cont.
Even an uneducated person can understand transcendental words if he is a fully surrendered soul. But without that mood of surrender, Bhagavad-gita remains incomprehensible
Every Indian should take Bhagavad-gita very seriously. Then India's fortune will change
Everyone can see God. To see God is not very difficult job. There are so many points described in the Bhagavad-gita. For the devotees, those who are serious about seeing God, they can see God. God is present everywhere
Everything has its use, and how to use it properly, that is all described in the Bhagavad-gita. And if you take instruction of Krsna and ultimately surrender to Him, that is success of life
F
Footsteps of the teacher of Bhagavad gita
For the general public, sankirtana is the most effective method to awaken Krsna consciousness. If possible, one should discuss the principles enunciated in the Bhagavad-gita
From sun planet the message of Bhagavad-gita was handed down to the chief man of this planet, the father of the mankind, Manu. Just like in your scripture also it is said Adam and Eve, similarly Manu
G
Gandhi may not know the purpose of Bhagavad-gita, but as he chanted "ha rama," that has been effective
Gita-bhasya, Sankaracarya's commentary on Bhagavad-gita
H
He is revealing. Read Bhagavad-gita. You understand Him. He is explaining Himself. What you want more?
Here we are teaching our students, not abruptly say that "You have learned." We are teaching them Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, so many books
Here, Bhagavad-gita, He's revealing Himself to Arjuna, because he's a devotee. So if we take the words of Arjuna, then we also realize God
How do you differentiate the Krsna Mahabharata and Krsna God different? Because Krsna is speaking Bhagavad-gita. That is a chapter in the Mahabharata. So how do you differentiate? What is the cause that you are differentiating?
I
I also speak from the Bhagavad-gita and the students also speak from the Bhagavad-gita. The Bhagavad-gita is the same in all the centers. But it may be because I have little more experience I can explain them a little more nicely
I always wanted that there should be a cinema made of Bhagavad-gita, now you are fulfilling my desire in that connection
I am glad to see that you are advancing in Krishna consciousness by this worship of the Deity. This is the practical application to what we find stated in the Bhagavad-gita
I am just trying to present the conclusion of Gita to the world as it is and without any imperfect compromise with speculative interpretations
I am not a magician. My only credit is I have not spoiled the Bhagavad-gita. I have presented as it is. Therefore it is successful
I am speaking Bhagavad-gita. I am giving you knowledge as given by Lord Krsna. It is not my knowledge
I am speaking to you Bhagavad-gita, just learning from my spiritual master. So I have to learn it, but when Krsna spoke, He had not to learn it
I believe that practical solution of world unrest is lying in the transcendental message of Sri Krishna the Personality of Godhead as given by Him lately in the Bhagavad-gita
I have never seen a priest of other religion reading this book, but there are many scholars and philosophers all over the world who read Bhagavad-gita regularly
I have started a small Ashram at the above address and young American students are taking very great interest in the philosophy of Vaisnavism based on the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam
I have, according to the instruction of my spiritual master, chalked out a programme of work according to Bhagavad-gita
I hope you will not take my offering in an inferior complex but accept it in a spirit of love for the Bhagavad-gita
I request you to study Bhagavad-gita
I thank you once more for your appreciating my mission of one God, Sri Krishna; one scripture, Bhagavad-gita; and one mantra, Hare Krishna
I want to give Indian culture to the whole world. I'm not going to cheat people, taking Bhagavad-gita and speaking all nonsense. I want to present Bhagavad-gita as it is. That is my mission
I was just thinking of teaching our students the pronunciation of the Sanskrit verses in the Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam, etc. and by Krsna's will you have already begun this
I would only request you to retire from politics at least for a month only and let us have discussion on the Bhagavad-gita. I am sure, thereby, that you shall get a new light from the result of such discussions
I wrote a personal letter to Gandhi that "Mahatma Gandhi, you are recognized all over the world as a very pious man, and you are supposed to be very devotee of Bhagavad-gita
If one properly follows the instructions of Bhagavad-gita, one can be freed from all miseries and anxieties in this life, and one's next life will be spiritual
If one reads Bhagavad-gita very sincerely and with all seriousness, then by the grace of the Lord the reactions of his past misdeeds will not act upon him
If one wants to understand Bhagavad-gita by his imperfect interpretations, one cannot possibly understand the mysteries of Bhagavad-gita, even though one may be a great scholar according to mundane estimation
Nistraigunya, traigunya-visaya veda nistraigunyo bhavarjuna. If there is a contradiction between the principles taught by Vedas and taught by Gita?
If we accept that, that Krsna is the supreme authority, then you'll learn Bhagavad-gita
If we take seriously the instruction of our spiritual master and try to read Bhagavad-gita according to his instruction, then gradually we shall realize Krsna
If we want to establish Vedic civilization, then we must follow strictly the principles of Vedas as it is described in the Bhagavad-gita. And if it is practiced, then daiva-varnasrama-dharma. That is required
If you can meditate upon a few verses of Bhagavad-gita every day, that is better than reading for simply one hour and then forgetting the topics until the next reading
If you don't accept Krsna's works, which are very plainly explained in the Bhagavad gita, then you have to remain in this mrtyu-samsara-vartmani. It is very plain truth. There is no doubt about it
If you want to know Krsna, then here is Bhagavad-gita, spoken by Krsna Himself
If you want to know about me, then you must know from me. That is authentic. That is authentic. Or from a confidential person who is confidence of me. Similarly, if you want to know Krsna, then here is Bhagavad-gita, spoken by Krsna
If you want to preach some rascal philosophy, you do. Why you take Bhagavad-gita? That is cheating
In Bhagavad-gita it is said that at the time of death one will be absorbed in the thoughts which he cultivated during his lifetime
In Bhagavad-gita it is stated that a little execution of devotional service saves one from the greatest danger. The greatest danger is transmigration of the soul from one body to another, and only devotional service to the Lord can stop this process
In Bhagavad-gita sexual intercourse for begetting children is accepted as righteous. A person sexually inclined for simple sense gratification, however, is unrighteous
In Bhagavad-gita there are different statements by the Lord, and each of these statements is meant for different plenary portions or portions of the plenary portions
In Bhagavad-gita we find that women are also equally competent like the men in the matter of Krishna Consciousness Movement
In Bhagavad-gita, Krsna also explains the soul by giving negative definitions
In Bhagavad-gita, the Lord says that His birth and deeds are transcendental and that anyone who is so fortunate as to know the transcendental nature of His birth and deeds will at once become liberated and eligible to return to the kingdom of God
In Bhagavad-gita, therefore, it is clearly stated, in the Sixteenth Chapter, verse 17, that rascals of self-made authority, being puffed up by illegally collected money, perform yoga without following the authoritative books
In Bhagavad-gita, worship of the acarya is recommended
In Krishna Consciousness, if you stick to the principles of Bhagavad-gita, there is no question of disharmony
In daiva-varnasrama there cannot be acknowledgement of social status according to birthright because in Bhagavad-gita it is said that the determining considerations are guna and karma, one's qualities and work
In every chapter of Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krsna stresses that devotional service unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the ultimate goal of life
In my last meeting with Prabhupada in Radha Kunda he advised me to print some books if I get money. I took it very seriously and by His grace we have now published my translations of Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam, etc.
In our Krsna consciousness movement we have therefore limited our study of the Vedic literatures to the Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Caitanya-caritamrta and Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu. These four works are sufficient for preaching purposes
In the Bhagavad-gita (13.23) the Supreme Personality of Godhead as Paramatma is described as upadrasta (the overseer) and anumanta (the permitter)
In the Bhagavad-gita also we have the information of the gradual development of perception from matter to a living entity
In the Bhagavad-gita it is said that one who does this service - namely going on to preach the glories of the Lord and creating all devotees of the Lord - that person is the most confidential and favorite of the Lord
In the Bhagavad-gita it is said that one who knows the truth about Sri Krsna's descent and His various activities is at once liberated and does not have to fall again to this existence of birth and death after he leaves his present material body
In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that when the women become unchaste for want of proper protection, there are unwanted children called varna-sankara
In the Bhagavad-gita the personal feature of the Supreme Lord is especially mentioned, so much so that the last portion of the great literature has emphatically stressed that one should surrender unto the Personality of Godhead to be saved I cont.
In the Bhagavad-gita the subject matter deals with the isvara, the supreme controller, and the jivas, the controlled living entities
In the Fourth Chapter of the Bhagavad-gita Lord Krsna affirms that formerly (some 120 million years before the Battle of Kuruksetra) He explained the mystic philosophy of the Gita to the sun-god
In the first six chapters of Bhagavad-gita the knower of the body (the living entity) and the position by which he can understand the Supreme Lord are described
In the first six chapters of Bhagavad-gita, the living entity has been described as nonmaterial spirit soul capable of elevating himself to self-realization by different types of yogas
In the meantime I have also prepared a commentary on the Bhagavad-gita purely on Bhakti principle and when published it will be an unique publication of Bhagavad-gita as it is
In the middle six chapters of the Bhagavad-gita the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the relationship between the individual soul and the Supersoul in regard to devotional service are described
Instruct everyone to follow the orders of Lord Sri Krsna as they are given in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam. In this way become a spiritual master and try to liberate everyone in this land
Is there a distinction between that mode of goodness described in the Eighteenth Chapter and the Fourteenth Chapter?
Is your philosophy, your approach to consciousness, based on the Gita?
It is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita that anyone who is always absorbed in the thought of Krsna is the topmost of all yogis
It is necessary that all over the world this varnasrama-dharma, according to Bhagavad-gita, must be established. I am therefore trying to get these boys and girls married. This is the system of varnasrama-dharma
It is stated in the Bhagavad-gita that a ksatriya can benefit in either of two ways while fighting. If a ksatriya gains victory in the fight, he enjoys the results of victory, but even if killed he is promoted to the heavenly kingdom
It is the book to understand Krsna, but these people, unscrupulous people, even great scholars, they tried to explain something, taking advantage of the popularity of Bhagavad-gita
It is understood that some millions of years ago when Lord Krsna spoke the Bhagavad-gita to the sun-god Vivasvan, Arjuna, in a different capacity, was also present
It says in the Bhagavad-gita that the om sound, omkara, is a representation of Krsna. Is it different from the Hare Krsna mantra?
J
Joyous life is attained by one's reaction to reading Bhagavad-gita or Srimad-Bhagavatam, or else from associating with persons who are very interested in the spiritual life of Krsna consciousness
Just try to understand that there is no need of our imperfect comments on the Bhagavad-gita. That is my point
K
Krishna descends to teach us Bhagavad-gita begging our cooperation and anyone who cooperates with Him becomes blessed
Krsna consciousness means Bhagavad-gita
Krsna consciousness movement means Bhagavad-gita
Krsna instructed Bhagavad-gita to Arjuna for the benefit of the entire human society. Intelligent men should therefore seriously consider this Krsna consciousness movement and fully utilize the instructions of Bhagavad-gita
Krsna is described in the Tenth Canto, and other nine cantos are specially meant for purifying the heart and understanding real Krsna, as it is described in the Bhagavad-gita
Krsna is explaining Himself in the Bhagavad-gita, Krsna is sending His representative acarya to teach you, and Krsna is within yourself trying to teach you if you are actually serious. Then where is the difficulty?
Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita that I am sex life performed according to religious principles. Sex life for any other purpose means illicit sex
Krsna spoke the Bhagavad-gita specifically and eradicated all pretentious principles of religiosity
L
Lord Krsna's reputation is fixed, and His book of wisdom, Bhagavad-gita, is still honored
M
Maharaja Pariksit was to become the medium for the revelation of Srimad-Bhagavatam by Lord Sri Krsna, as his grandfather Arjuna was the medium for the Bhagavad-gita
Mayavadi philosophers, they abuse that Visnu's body is. Visnu comes, appears, He accepts a material body. That is condemned by Bhagavan in Bhagavad-gita
Men with materialistic tendencies are more attracted to the politics, economics and philanthropic activities mentioned in the Mahabharata than to the principal topic, namely the Bhagavad-gita
Mission of Bhagavad-gita
My idea of preaching in the foreign countries means that they are rather fed up with material advancement of knowledge. They are seeking the message guidance of the Vedanta Sutra or for the matter of the Bhagavad-gita in an authorized way
My mission of one God, Sri Krishna; one scripture, Bhagavad-gita; and one mantra, Hare Krishna
My next program is to reinstate the Vedic divisions in society as recommended in the Bhagavad-gita
My only credit is that I have presented Bhagavad-gita as it is, without any speculation, or interpretation, therefore for the first time in the history of the world people are accepting it
My only request is that all of you try to chant this Hare Krsna maha-mantra and, if possible, read Krsna book, Bhagavad-gita As It Is. Don't read Bhagavad-gita where the attempt is to kill Krsna
My question is: A pure devotee, when he comments Bhagavad-gita, someone who never sees him physically, but he just comes in contact with his commentary, explanation, is this the same thing?
My ultimate good is to satisfy Krsna. This is the Bhagavad-gita's purport. That is Krsna consciousness
N
No, the printing of the Gitar Gan cover this fashion is not at all approved by me. You have done most nonsensically. Why change the cover? When people look to see the Bhagavad-gita they expect to see Krishna and Arjuna, not the picture of Krishna with cow
Nobody can speak on the Bhagavad-gita so authoritatively as I can do. That is a fact. So if the university wants to take advantage of this opportunity, even in this old age I can go from one university to another
Nondevotees cannot understand the contradictions present in the Supreme Lord or His devotees. Therefore in Bhagavad-gita the Lord says that the transcendental pastimes can be understood through devotional service; to nondevotees they are inconceivable
Not that third-class foolish can understand what is Bhagavad-gita
Now I do not know what other people give analogy, but my business is that we take it from Bhagavad-gita that living entities are part and parcel of God
O
O people of the world! Please try to translate the Gita's message into action and channel your thoughts toward Lord Krsna's lotus feet
Omkara, being situated in everyone's heart, is isvara, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, as confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita (18.61)
One God is Krishna, one scripture is Bhagavad-gita, one mantra is Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, and one service means everything for the Lord
One should discuss the principles enunciated in the Bhagavad-gita. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu followed this principle very strictly and discussed the philosophy of the Bhagavad-gita with learned scholars
One should follow the path of Bhagavad-gita as it is expressed in the Gita itself and beware of self-interested people after personal aggrandizement who deviate others from the actual path
One should have a complete understanding of this chapter with the help of the spiritual master
One should read Bhagavad-gita very scrutinizingly with the help of a person who is a devotee of Sri Krsna and try to understand it without personally motivated interpretations
One who hears the Gita from the right source, directly from Krsna, attains full Krsna consciousness
One will find in the Bhagavad-gita all that is contained in other scriptures, but the reader will also find things which are not to be found elsewhere
Only the fools and rascals deride the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Krsna." Such fools take it upon themselves to write commentaries on the Bhagavad-gita without an attitude of service to the Lord
Our appeal is that throughout the whole world people should come, try to understand Bhagavad-gita, and set up examples and do the needful. Then everything will be peaceful. This is the peace formula
Our only objection is that "Why should you preach your nonsense philosophy through Bhagavad-gita?"
Our only request is that if you want happiness, if you want to prosper, make your life successful, you must read Bhagavad-gita thoroughly, as it is, as Krsna says. Don't try to misinterpret
Our only request is that you read Bhagavad-gita as it is; don't try to interpret
Our only request is: Those who are working in the United Nations in so many different departmental situations, if they will take advantage of this great cultural book, Bhagavad-gita...
Our procedure is very simple and consistent. We chant, we read from Bhagavad-gita & Srimad-Bhagavatam and we distribute prasadam
Our process will remain the same eternally, namely, to begin with Sankirtana and prolong it at least for 1/2 hour, then speak something from Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Brahma Samhita, etc. and invite questions and answer them
Our proposition is that we are, I mean to say, presenting Bhagavad-gita as it is. We do not misinterpret
Our source of knowledge in Krsna consciousness is the Bhagavad-gita, which comes directly from Krsna

Related categories

This category has the following 14 related categories, out of 18 total. B

[+] BG Verses Appearing in CC (46)

[+] Bhagavad-gita As It Is (45)

[+] Bhagavad-gita Ch.01-06 - Cited Verses (285)

[+] Bhagavad-gita Ch.07-12 - Cited Verses (209) B cont.

[+] Bhagavad-gita Ch.13-18 - Cited Verses (137)

[+] Bhagavad-gita Philosophy (16)

[+] Bhagavad-gita Says (5)

[+] Bhakti-sastri VTE - Cited Verses (73)
G

[+] Gitar Gan (2) G cont.

[+] Gitopanisad (6)
I

[+] Instruction of Bhagavad-gita (23)

[+] Interpret Bhagavad-gita (15)
M

[+] MacMillan (6)
P

[+] Personalities from Bhagavad Gita (13)

(previous 200) (next 200)
Categories: Bhagavan | Bhakti | Prabhupada's Books | Names of Scriptures