NCTVBoardPetition

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition NCTVBoardPetition.

2012-04-16 00:28

This petition is based entirely on facts that I personaly witnessed on a daily basis for the past year. I am an independent contractor who has had a key to the premises for the last three years.Until Paul was forced out I had been working in the building and privy, on a daily basis to all of the details leading up to the present situation.Paul Minicucci is a visionary leader with the experience and the chops to back it up.Paul never submitted a letter of resignation and it is absolutely outrageous that the
President Of The Board has abused and harassed Paul
to the point that his Health is suffering and he is just tired of fighting. The Board, led by President of the Board made no effort to raise matching funds for projects being completed. If matching funds are not raised it will be very difficult to generate more grants from that or other sources. News gets around.
The attempt to privatize NCTV and The Digital Media Center must be thwarted. We need new blood in the mix who understand the big picture and who can be additive and colaborative instead of the mismanaged and micromanaged lack of vision which has occured.
Sincerely
Larry Lee Holman
Some time producer Scott L. Ingram

#2 Re:

2012-04-16 02:41

#1: - Thank you for the discusion.I am afriad I have been out of the loop due to Illness and am sure Paul Minicucci Is highly Qulified as I have seen his work over the last few years. I'm familiar with how much stress has to be managed and only privy too how many direction from which in comes into the television station 24 -7 not the content.There have been other burnouts; durring moving a television station as I recall a public station FCAT; as well as the former NCTV with Scott Coxs,Skip Beck, and Joe Joe John. Must the captian go down with the move while running point at the direction <ie> to the tune of the public congress of the Board?

2012-04-20 08:00

You might want to consider helping with the move and set up of the new station. Have not seen you around when that was going on. There are some people who are helping and some who are complaining. Complaining does not get the job done.
Gil at TouchDown Productions

#4 Paul is not coming back

2012-04-20 08:11

Paul will never be the ED at the station again. Period. End of story. So beat the dead horse if you must. But be quick about it and then get your ass out there and help with the move and rebuilding. Lift something and put it away. Be useful. Your seven signatures says it all. Unless you have over 60 to 70% of the membership you are just pounding sand. Paul was a very nice guy but the sooner you guys get it in to your heads he's not coming back the sooner you can get on with your life. Yes there are problems and we will work them out together. That is the only way forward. The $50,000 bribe was an embarrassment to all BOD's and non profits. Randy you got a lot of nerve taking money to work there and passing around this petition. Put your money where your mouth is and either quit the job or work on this. You can't do both. Man up. Larry I'm thinking you will not have a key to the new building. More like a restraining order. Just say'n it like it is and keeping it real. Ya got a problem with these comments feel free to give me a call 274-2206

#5 Re: Paul is not coming back

2012-04-20 21:27

#4: Gil at TouchDown Productions - Paul is not coming back

Dear Gil,

Say'n it like it is is really something coming from you Gil. As a producer I have stated my feelings more then once and with this petition I helped Sam put it in a format that would work and then helped send it.  I have put my signature on it and the Board knows my feelings on this matter and it doesn't change my support for NCDMC.

Since you want to bloviate online why don't we address something.  As a producer of a few shows I have always had the understanding that if I have an underwriter that supports my show and they give me money that 10% of that money should go to NCTV.  I am a far second from you on using bandwidth at the station for my shows. Unfortunatly I don't have money supporters my underwriters are free or barter.  Now you on the other hand video atleast 5 sports and dozens of games in each one.  You charge according to your site $150.00 per game for 3 mentions in game of your underwriters. Doing the math I would suspect you might be raising 80k to 100k per year on underwriters and where is your 10% back to NCTV.  Oh I forgot, you and Lew Sitzer made an agreement a few YEARS ago that you don't have to pay that money as you use your truck and crew for 4th of July Parade and Constitutional Day Parade and Day of Giving.

So don't talk to me about money.  If you charged top dollar those three events might be billed as $3,000.00   Not even close to the monies you don't put in.   In the last year since you stiffed me at Thursday Night Markets by saying you would do 5 weeks then changing to only the first one and then under pressure doing 2 of them and leaving me hanging have only stepped foot into the station a few times.   With the tricaster the station and me can do all those events without your commercial truck and crew.

Now that Paul is out and I'm almost out you come back in the guy in shining armor such a trooper.

Why don't you take the commercial sports shows and pay comcast for a regular channel play so you can keep your business legitimate instead of sponging off Public Access airways.    I stood up for you for several years against Buck Stoval and the Gormans and always liked your work as a videographer and talent but I was wrong.

Thats my nerve as I say what it is and like transparency.   Yes I support Paul's return I said it at the meeting.  If he doesn't return I will still support the station and if the station didn't want to pay me I would still do volunteer work and submit my programming because I am also a citizen of Nevada County and I have as much say about whats going on as every other citizen.

Randy Hansen

Gil at TouchDown Productions

#6 Re: Re: Paul is not coming back

2012-04-21 00:39

#5: - Re: Paul is not coming back

Amen Randy. If you keep volunteering which I'm sure you will, then that is great.

Yes, we have shared wide support from the community for our work the past 15 years. But it is our work and "investment" in crew and equipment that makes that happen. That is why we have the only remote truck in the county and the station benefits from that receiving high quality programming on the air for all to enjoy. Without using the resources of NCTV. Last month we produced 9 shows, only 4 had underwriters. The station got all nine programs over 20 hours of new programming from the PAG performances to the Starz Shows the Auburn Symphony and Placer Spring concerts. You are a prolific community producer, you are just on the wrong side of this issue and the $50,000 bribe is embarassing. The fact you do not understand that says it all. I'll always work with people who want to learn how to make TV.

#7 Re: Re: Re: Paul is not coming back

2012-04-21 01:25

#6: Gil at TouchDown Productions - Re: Re: Paul is not coming back

Gil,

Yes you have spent hundreds of hours providing content for Nevada County and have trained and helped many who wanted to get into making video and my hat is off to you for that.  I also like to teach what I know and this year I will be training people in the One Man Studio and doing events with the Tricaster for NCDMC.  I still will be Special Events Coordinator. If you want training just let me know.

I hope I'm not on anyside of a fence.  To call Sam Mills generous offer to help keep this boat afloat and build for the future and to replace the head of the dragon (so to speak) that was hewn off in the middle of the move is not a bribe. He just understands that the whole scope of the move and the plan for the future was introduced to NCTV by Paul Minicucci.  We who worked side by side with him over the past 2 years know of his abilities and witnessed how much time and effort he used to build the station to progress to the next level. Its true the board is in a position that this public offer is awkward for them.  In candor it would fulfill the "lack of fundraising" in one fell swoop. This process became "ego's" and we all know where that ends up.

Those that feel we need to express our dismay at the direction the station has been diverted too should not be considered rogue or troublemakers.  We along with everyone else are supporters of Free Speech and Public Access Television.  The Digital Media Center expansion will help us move into the 21st century with strength.

In fighting and arguing semantics will not help us progress.  It is time for us to communicate and correct our course. We have 7 board members and one is planning on leaving June 30th 2012.  That leaves 6.  The by-laws allow us to expand board positions to 13.   We should have members involved in creating media in those positions.  You and Me should start an advisory board that will advise this board from the producers stand point.  If producers had meetings every 3 months we could bring positive ideas to the main board.  We could also start fund raising events that provide funding to the station so that it can extend the hours its open and have enough staff to maintain that.  The station should be open Satufday and Sunday and evenings during the week.

The main board should change the by-laws so that they are voted in by the members and this would begin June 30th 2013.

They should also make a change in the by-laws that you cannot work in a government job and be on the board.

Vetting board members with "other hats" would be a priority.  Passing the gavel yearly or by-yearly should be implemented.

These are all items to be put on the table and all of us should think about what we want our public access station to be.

So lets set up a meeting for members/producers to discuss these ideas and also meet with the board to relay our findings.

This is not your road or mine.   We all have opinions and we all want success.

I won't throw darts at you anymore it does not help our cause.

Randy Hansen

Executive Director/Producer/Anchor

Grass Valley Television

Rural Counties Television Network

GVTV NEWS

Mewzeek

NCDMC Special Events Coordinator

530-362-8889

grassvalleytelevision@gmail.com

www.grassvalleytelevision.com

www.gvtv.org

www.nevadacountytv.com

PS.  I do still think you have the best sports shows :)

#8 Re: complaining?

2012-04-21 02:25

#3: -

If you want to comment please identify yourself.   We all have ideas its not complaints its constructive dialog.  Its true you can count the helpers for the move on your hands.  Its a little late now as all the main things have been moved. Kudos to Michael who has gone way beyond just helping but organizing and doing most the carpentry work for the new main studio and stage.  Many many hours.

If you don't agree with petition its great if you comment and give us feed back as to what you think.

Randy

you can call me "Sparky"

#9 Re: Paul is not coming back

2012-04-22 16:46

#4: Gil at TouchDown Productions - Paul is not coming back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So5sxkAYEf0  Hi Gil; since you have so much time on your hands to pshycobabble and criticize others I thought that you might take time to view this...

All The Best

Larry Lee (Holman)

it's "Sparky" again

#10 Re:

2012-04-22 16:55

#3: - Complaining? How could you, whomever you are have any clue as to what has been witnessed over the last year by several people present. I ,as a Documentary Filmmaker , don't do fiction...As far as "helping" who made you the arbiter of that? It's kind of hard to tell regarding your input as I don't even know who you are! Peace be with you... Larry Lee