Stop dog fouling in Southend!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop dog fouling in Southend!.

2013-10-03 19:20

we Southend Borough Couincil citizens are extremely fed-up with the amount of dog-fouling all over the areas of Southend and Westcliff. I have been in person to the civic centre this week and was only able to speak with an advisor of my concerns. I have previously lodged complaints. I have now been to the local papers. This needs to be addressed and people educated to be responsible with their animals. As a previous dog- owner I always took plastic bags out with me and cleared up my dogs excrement. This just would not be tolerated on the continent - I am well-travelled.

2013-10-04 07:42

We no longer live in Southend but hated dog poo! Seems dog owners in Australia are far more considerate and clear up after their dogs!

2013-10-04 08:19

Words fail me as to how this appalling problem could have gone on for so long. It thoroughly disgusts me. Remove this dreadful health hazard from our streets immediately.

2013-10-19 15:03

The dog poo on the school run is disgusting and has got worse. Something needs to be done. When I have called the council about the mess in the past, I have had to call more than once before it has finally been cleaned up. The response is so slow that it is often trod on and spread before it is cleaned up.

2013-11-14 10:27

Don't have a dog if your are not prepared to clean up after it... Bag it...bin it!
berto2002

#6 What can the council and we do together?

2013-11-14 19:20

I agree we should try to do something but what can we do? We need some way of detecting and confronting the offenders without getting beaten up; most of the people that leave their dog's poo around are nasty pieces of work who would just as soon punch someone.