Say no to stalybridge mosque

Say no to stalybridge mosque / Announcements / Say NO to Stalybridge Mosque !! / Comments

2013-10-24 11:34

My children and grandchildren use that stretch of road daily, I already worry about grooming gangs that are targeting our schools daily, If yet another mosque is allowed it will bring more muslims into the area that my family live in, We moved to get away from the inundation of foriegners but it is not possible for my family to leave because of jobs and moregages, Where I used to live became like Islamabad and I myself felt threatened daily by Asian youths who verbally abused local people daily,I know you have a policy of cohesion, The problem is they do not want to intergrate, in fact they are fiercly against it,
British people are being ignored and as far as I could see almost all in my former street had no visible jobs as they never went out to work as my family had to,Yet the young lads all had expensive cars that they parked outside the schools every day targeting young girls,

2013-10-24 12:46

Islam is a dangerous ideology there is no room in this Christian Country for it, it must not be allowed to happen

2013-10-24 14:46

There are enough mosques in England. As far as I am concerned this "religion" its live style and values are alien and obnoxious to our way of life. RB.

2013-10-24 15:06

This is my letter to the planning dept at TMBC, I have removed my name and address on here.

Dear Jason,

As a resident of Stalybridge, I must raise my objection to the proposal to turn the Pineapple Public House into a community centre or Mosque.

I reasons for objecting the planning permission is as follows.

There are plenty of available community centres within the boundaries of tameside, including the old Stalybridge Market Hall which is less than a 5 minute walk fro the proposed site.

After reading the comments by the proposer in the Advertiser newspaper, I am sure that holding 5 prayer meetings a DAY will undoubtedly cause a considerable amount of disruption to the local residents.

In the same newspaper article, the proposer says that they will have car parking space for MORE than 30 cars, this is going to create disruption to the traffic flow in the area, the traffic lights at Tesco are a major bottleneck at the best of times, at peak periods, the added traffic is going to cause traffic build up leading to increased pollution.

I am lead to believe (please correct me if my information is incorrect) that the Muslim population within Stalybridge is less than 300 in total. If the community centre/Mosque is going to be a successful venture, then it is going to have to encourage visitors from outside the boundaries of Stalybridge. There are (apparently) already 4 Mosques in Ashton Under Lyne, as well as establishments in Hyde and Mossley.

I have no religious objection to the plans for the former public house, I am concerned about the local residents and the extra traffic that this establishment will create.

However I also have the following concerns that should the planning be approved, according to the information given by TMBC own website, two of the local Mosques operate under a system where women are excluded. Would the proposed site operate under the same policies? The Masjid Hamza Mosque in Ashton has a capacity of 1300, MEN only, no women allowed. The Mossley Community Mosque, has a capacity for 30, again Men ONLY. Should TMBC be encouraging this sort of exclusion?

Yours Sincerly

2013-10-24 19:36

I've lived in Stalybridge all my life 40 years and its always been a predominantly white town and still is and ill be totally honest I want it to stay that way there are several mosque in Ashton Under Lyne. USE THEM WE DONT WANT ONE THEY ARE AN EYE SORE

#6 Re:

2013-10-26 00:19

#2: -

It is not a Christian country, please go educate yourself.

2013-10-29 19:56

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200324630614402&set=vb.1113414757&type=2&theater

if they remove our rubble, there will be more room so to speak for their Mosques...please see the link !

#8 Re: Re:

2013-10-31 15:04

#6: - Re:  Debatable. But Islam IS a dangerous, regressive ideology.

#9 Re:

2013-10-31 16:58

#3: -  

#10 Mosque.

2013-11-10 17:59

It disturbs me that tameside council, won't, and don't listen to the majority of their voters that have kept them in power all these years. If this mosque goes ahead, I'm finished with labour once and for all ....

2013-11-10 18:03

I don't live near Stalybridge I live in Scotland but there are too many Mosques as it is, , I feel our towns and Cities are being overrun with Mosques,

2014-03-03 09:46

I object most strongly to a mosque in stalybridge