Redditch United Refused Relocation

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Redditch United Refused Relocation.

2013-10-29 19:39

I've followed RUFC for a number of years, they need a new ground, come on Redditch Borough Council, get behind RUFC.

2013-10-30 16:45

Typical council putting the brakes on something good for this town. In a time when the England national team are struggling to find talent we need these sort of facilities to produce future talent and to keep the future generations healthy and fit in a time of growing obesity.

2013-10-31 10:47

For our town football club that want's to go forward, this has to be the perfect location.

2013-10-31 18:50

REDDITCH UNITED NEED TO GO FOREWARD AND THIS IS THE WAY TO GO ,EVERYONE WILL BENEFIT,CAN'T BELIEVE THE COUNCIL ARE SO BACKWARD.CHRIS SWANN HAS PUT HIS HAND IN HIS POCKET AND GOT THE CLUB OUT OF DEBT AND NOW NEEDS EVERYONES SUPPORT.

2013-11-01 00:29

Redditch FC has been at the Valley Stadium for at least my lifetime and Im 66 now. If its future can be assured by relocation, then that must be allowed to go ahead. If the borough council also stands to make money, the surely its a no-brainer.

2013-11-01 10:34

Hope all goes well! First step for redditch football club to move forward, would be both beneficial for the club and the community

2013-11-01 17:32

Its about time the council woke up to the needs of the community

2013-11-01 19:31

Look forward to the club R.U.F.C. forging a link with the local council,but this doesn't look likely at the moment as the council are making excuses to not get involved.Shame on you REDDITCH COUNCIL (labour division, this says it all).Such lame excuses!!!!!

2013-11-01 21:07

I agree with #33 also the council should raise the clubs profile and stop villa stealing our fans

2013-11-01 22:19

This move will benfit thousands of children

2013-11-01 23:28

If RBC will only invest without any risk they will never invest. This scheme has the potential to bring many benefits and pride to the town.

2013-11-02 09:46

All the best from your friends at Coventry City FC

2013-11-02 09:59

As a sky blues fan I know how this feels

2013-11-02 10:07

how can you refuse our history nad herotage,
this is one of the reason our countries team's is going to waste just think if gateshead boys had wanted to be relocated at the time gazza was playing and got refuesed we may have never seen one of the best england players to grace a pitch think on and keep our footballong nation great, grass roots football is were it start's

2013-11-02 11:31

Why Can't Redditch Council see that the proposed foresight of Chis Swan and his family are not for their gain but for the gain of Redditch people and their sporting futures.

#41 Re:

2013-11-02 12:34

2013-11-02 17:21

Instead of finding reasons not to proceed and/or support the plans, the council should do what is best in the long term and find reasons to say 'YES' and if not, the officials should stand aside and let others take charge of a very interesting project.

2013-11-02 17:29

I have bben wanting this to happen for 40 years.
Geoff

#44 RUFC relocation

2013-11-03 21:01

I have watched the Reds through thick & thin since they had their FA cup run in 1971 & it is refreshing that they now have the vision to look to the future. It is up to the people of Redditch to decide on the long-term future for years to come. You have only to look what happened to Bromsgrove Rovers to see how things can be allowed to turn out. The success of the club at any level can help put the town on the map like against Peterborough in 1971. The current set-up are striving for success on & off the field so the council & people of Redditch should fully support the club in their hour of need in the same way that the people of Kidderminster got behind their team recently when they faced an uncertain future on & off the field. Lets take Reds into the 21st century starting now!!!

2013-11-05 10:30

This is an important proposal for the town. These new facilities would be a welcome addition for the still growing community. The improved facilities would help the club progress and this would have a knock on effect on Redditch, economically and by creating a feel good factor. Placing the club back into the heart of the community has many advantages, including promoting health and active life styles to the young (and not so young), people in the town. If Kidderminster and Telford can be successful in a much higher league, why not Redditch? For once, let's get behind a project that offers something positive to our town.

2013-11-06 21:49

Good luck definitely an asset we need. Being a football Mom I visit a lot of football grounds and I can vouch for the fact that we need this facility when towns like Evesham have just opened such a development.

2013-11-07 11:18

It is simply a no brainer especially If the club has ambitions to move forwards.
The publicity and new facilities will not only boost the clubs profile and hopefully increase spectators on match days.
The new facilities will also increase the publicity for and awareness of Redditch which MUST be a BIG positive.
So COME ON Redditch Council DO THE RIGHT THING for the Sporting facilities for the club and ALL those youngsters and the community.

2013-11-07 13:41

Redditch Utd fc and the town need this move to happen

2013-11-07 16:56

I fully support the plan to remove from the Valley to a new purpose built facility which can only enhance the club and the town. The current entrance down a narrow drive clashes with the Hillview medical centre and the ground itself is not imposing nor is the pitch.
RGA 09-13

#50 HAS TO HAPPEN!!

2013-11-07 19:18

This must happen, Simple! Redditch is a footballing town with so much footballing talent. This will be beneficial for the wider community, including the Redditch United Link Up with New College and Local Schools. I am an Organiser of the 'Redditch Gaza Appeal 6 A Side Football Tournament' which has been established for over 5 years now, and I can not tell you how much the Asian Community of Redditch would love for Redditch United to be able to progress both on and off the pitch, and for that to happen, these plans must go ahead. I really hope the council see the long term benefits of such a great project, and really and truly listen to the People of Redditch. The Current Redditch Utd site is in a poor state lets be upfront about that, and a 3g Turf in Redditch is a must too! The other local astroturfs are poor in all honesty, and the studley 3g is very expensive in my opinion. I believe I can speak on behalf of the Redditch Asian Community, and say this idea is great. RUFC have also been excellent with accommodating more asian players we feel over recent years, and this is largely thanks to Justin Fowkes and others in the set-up. The club has over the last few years really got more involved with the community, and they deserve this, if I was a Millionaire I would back this project financially! Chris Swann has done a great job I think, and I think it's about time the council looked at that and how he practically saved the club, and thought about the positive effects of such a project 20 to 30 years down the line. This will prove to be an excellent Return on Investment, the council are naive not to capatalise on this at a time when RUFC Juniors set up is doing so well, the world cup coming up, Womens football seriously growing worldwide and the FA and wider footballing organisations realising to develop world class players you need to look at grassroots football. The opportunities are endless going forward for this kind of project, it could develop into something more than just a Sports Complex, it could develop into a respected academy, this will in turn mean more investment from external sources etc... It will also bring in more money through more people using the facility and it will be able to support other community projects too, and possibly even bring jobs to Redditch too. I personally would love to see this project happen more centrally to Redditch, but if Washford is the only location which can support such great ambitions from Chris Swann and RUFC, then that is perfectly fine by me too.