Swinley Drive Safety

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Swinley Drive Safety.

2013-11-05 21:43

Please sign this, too many people drive far to fast along this road which is a many children and families have to cross every day on the school run. And the blind corner just before the crossing to the shops doesn't help!!

2013-11-08 12:36

Having taken my grandson to school (walking) I witnessed the perils of this far to fast road! It only takes one accident (fatality or injuries) to destroy a family. PLEASE ACT NOW !!.

2013-11-20 17:04

I wholeheartedly agree. I live in Russley Close and try to cross opposite when I take my dog out to walk around the lake. The cars come around the bend very fast also when I try to cross to get to the small island at the bottom of Swindley Drive near Sandacre Road. You have to wait and listen hard then run across as you cannot see the cars before the bend there and again at speed!

2013-11-22 21:41

We need to make shop/school runs safe . DONT WAIT FOR AN ACCIDENT TO HAPPEN ACT NOW AND STOP A CHILD OR PARENT FROM BEING INJURED OR EVEN KILLED.

2013-11-23 10:56

This road is very dangerous it's only a matter of time before there is a serious accident. I have witnessed animals running to the road being hit and killed by cars. This could easily be a child.

2013-11-25 17:11

Well done for taking the time to get up this petition. My husband and I are in our late seventies and hard of hearing and I have been nearly run down several times by speeding traffic, trying to cross Swinley drive. You can't see the traffic coming because of the bends and a proper crossing is definitely needed.

#7 Swinely Drive...an accident waiting to happen!

2013-12-03 16:03

I couldn't agree more with Greig Evenett. Swinely Drive is VERY DIFFICULT and DANGEROUS to cross, even as an adult, let alone with my 4 year old child. Cars SPEED around the road and you cannot hear them coming. You start to cross the road and cars just appear from nowhere (because they are speeding). I am SURE that if nothing is done someone (probably a child) will be killed on this road and this would be a tragedy. SBC must act now to avoid this scenario. In my opinion, SBC will have blood on their hands if they do not act soon!

2014-01-20 23:03

I couldn't agree more soon there is going to be a fatal accident!! Something really needs to be put in place not only by Peatmoor School but also something in the middle section by horseshoe crescent where a number of children & parents try to cross Swinley Drive to go to Brook Field School. We cycle on most days to school and crossing this road already is very dangerous as there is very few safe spots to cross especially young children trying to get bikes up curbs as there are very few drop downs! You need very good hearing and when it's wet and windy you just need to take your life in your hands. This does not help with the confidence of the children when cars are going so fast they tend to panic and we have had many close shaves! The council should be encouraging people to cycle or walk not make them feel they need to drive for their own safety and they should think more about the environmental impact this has.