pier pressure

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition pier pressure.

Lel347

2013-11-09 05:20

Although we are from Hertfordshire, we spent at least every other week at Lowestoft and Kessingland.  Closing the end of the pier will impact on everything related to Lowestoft, tourism, fishing, RNLI, residents and visitors to name just a few

2013-11-09 08:59

the pier want to stay open,the tower,and dance hall ,took down,was a good place to meet up with friends,i fished from the pier as a boy,when they had huts on the pier,if we keep closeing every thing, why not nut signs up saying LOWESTOFT IS NOW CLOSED,LOSTED AIR SHOW SO WOT NEXT,

2013-11-12 23:23

I am also disabled and I use the Pier to fish as I cannot get on the Beach to fish I think it is disgusting what they have done and also I have heard that the company who puts these turbines up is going to use it as a storage place for their equipment.

2013-11-15 21:22

I think of Newhaven Pier in Sussex same reasons given, never reopened and that was many years ago.
This is an important feature to Lowestoft and something I bring my visitors to walk along. It gives a unique view point of what is an improving town.
MUST STAY OPEN.
Good luck.
Nigel Partridge