Operation Swapnote Revival

Operation Swapnote Revival / Announcements / A general rant. / Comments

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2013-11-09 11:27

2013-11-09 12:45

Nintendo have their own agenda. Whether or not this petiton gets 1000s of signatures, or just a few hundred, will more than likely not matter one way or another. I, personally, have been spreading the word about this petition, so stating that "we haven't been spreading the word" is a rather harsh conclusion to draw, based on no evidence. This petition is a nice idea, but Nintendo will do as they please. Saying that you can "almost guarantee" that Swapnote will not return because of the lack of signatures is also a baseless statement.

2013-11-09 19:38

I think it's likely that the results of your petition have been influenced by this one:
https://www.change.org/petitions/nintendo-bring-back-spotpass-on-swapnote#share
...which itself already has 335 signatures. Some people are probably only signing one or the other, and signatures are getting split between the two.

Anonymous

#4 Re: being like isn't exactly helping is it?

2013-11-09 19:50

#2: -  

2013-11-09 20:32

Way to rally the troops. "The petition isn't doing well, clearly this is all your faults, not mine."

Since someone brought up the other petition, and it's doing better, maybe put your efforts behind getting people to that petition instead. And then consider doing things like contacting blogs, facebook pages, popular tumblrs, and other sites that have wider reach and asking them to spread the word too. Write up something about why this petition is important and send it to everybody who is even remotely related to gaming. Not just your personal acquaintances.

When you start a petition, it's on you to keep the momentum up. Getting other people to spread the word is part of that, but you can't depend on just that.
Psycho

2013-11-09 21:29

Wow, melodramatic much? I don't think this one petition will really sway Nintendo or otherwise, but I do what I can because it's all that can be done, despite how they had good reason to shut this thing down after revealing it was being used by child predators. There are three other petitions out there dedicated to this; the one posted above, plus the following two (because for some reason I can't post more than two links):

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/372/861/473/swapnotenintendo-letter-box-unban/

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nintendo-allowing-spotpass-to-be-accessible-again/

If you really believe the numbers will matter, then I suggest you contact the owners of these other petitions and pool all of your resources into one petition. If your ultimate goal is to make a difference, then it shouldn't matter who's petition has the most signatures, if you just got everyone on every site to sign one specific one.

2013-11-10 12:49

Just posted on my tumblr with tags, I already shared the link to my friends with swapnote so that's the only thing I can do, I don't have facebook and it was already posted on reddit.