Save Creigiau Online Petition

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Creigiau Online Petition.

2013-11-17 12:09

The proposals to build up to 4,000 houses on the sites detailed in the petition are not supported by a detailed costed plan for infrastructure and also pose a threat to agricultural grade green fields, five Sites of Special Interest for Natural Conservation, the setting of an ancient woodland, and three protected species.

2013-11-17 13:29

Disagree with building on the green belt. Green belt should be extended to Creigiau to maintain village status and welsh heritage and language. The Llantrisant Road cannot cope with current traffic. There is no infrastructure here. Hospitals won't cope, I'm fact the hospital will probably close soon. The school is already at full capacity and in temporary buildings. The village has natural areas of conservation that need protecting.

2013-11-17 13:31

Guest #2 Nov 17, 2013, 14:29
Disagree with building on the green belt. Green belt should be extended to Creigiau to maintain village status and welsh heritage and language. The Llantrisant Road cannot cope with current traffic. There is no infrastructure here. Hospitals won't cope, I'm fact the hospital will probably close soon. The school is already at full capacity and in temporary buildings. The village has natural areas of conservation that need protecting

2013-11-17 13:32

The Llantrisant Road cannot cope with current traffic. There is no infrastructure here. The school is already at full capacity and in temporary buildings. The village has natural areas of conservation that need protecting.

2013-11-17 14:00

The present infrastructure is inadequate. There I are no detailed plans for transport or infrastructure. No money identified to pay for it. No building should start before this is known.

2013-11-17 14:29

We don't want any more houses, too much traffic (roads in very bad repair) as it is!

2013-11-17 22:20

User friendly

2013-11-17 22:27

Spread the word

2013-11-18 01:36

How many of those opposing this development currently live in the post 1970s houses in Creigiau? If you do then you have already contributed to the destruction of farm land and natural habitat. Secondly, I notice that some of you have an issue with the loss of agricultural land, yet I can guarantee that 95% of you shop in tesco metro in Creigiau, just one of the supermarkets who have run British agriculture into the ground with their constant drive for lower prices. If you're truly opposed to this development please be honest why, it's not to save agriculture or habitat, it's simply a case of 'not on my doorstep'', and finally make sure you've not already contributed to the un repairable damage already done to our countryside.

#10 1970's estate

2013-11-18 09:25

Hello, I am proud to say I grew up on the 1970's estate and my mum still lives there. Yes this means that farm land was used for our house and call me a hypocrite if you like but this is exactly what we want to prevent from happening again as it did in the 80's with the 'new estate'. Remember even the original village one day was built on farmland. But there is no point living in the past and saying because it was ok then, we should just keep on building and extending. There just isn't the infrastructure and we want to protect the natural charm, beauty and nature in Creigiau and the surrounding fields and woods. As for tesco, I shop there sometimes but I also buy from local farm shops. Perhaps we should set up a farmers market in the village park and be proactive rather than criticising people who are trying to make a positive difference.

2013-11-18 11:45

Let's not rip up any more countryside. There are plenty of brown belt sites all around Cardiff where affordable and sustainable houseing can be built - let's use those sites instead!

2013-11-18 15:13

We shall Keep Fighting
Delme

#13 Cardiff LDP

2013-11-18 15:15

We shall keep fighting the excessive proposals for housing overdevelopment
Cymru Am Byth!
Creigiau Resident

#14 We love Creigiau!

2013-11-18 20:41

Please share this on Facebook and let people know! We want Creigiau to be included in the green belt!
Creigiau to me is a small country side village, if houses are built, I will no longer be able to say that about the village I live in.
Doubting Thomas

#15 Will Cardiff really grow this much?

2013-11-20 12:31

There are a number of issues with the LDP that effect Creigiau as have already been mentioned.
However, this plan doesn't just effect Creigiau. It will have a wide ranging impact on Cardiff generally. The question is though are the figures of population growth on which the plan is based accurate. The increase in population on such a scale seems a bit far fetched.
The readjusted 2001 Census figure for Cardiff population is 310,000.
The 2011 Census shows 345,442 persons - an increase of 35,342 on 2001 - 3,542 per year.
These people lived in 142,600 households.
If we are to estimate the population in 2026 at the same rate. Cardiff can expect another 53,013 residents (15 x 3,542). In 2011 there were 2.4 people per household. Whereas the LDP figures state that the population will grow by 71,612 who will require 41,100 extra dwellings with an average of 2.2 per household.
Unless of course the council have other information about population that hasn't been made public and are keeping it quiet.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2013-11-20 14:26

Christobella

#17 Re:

2013-11-21 09:32

#9: -

I thought this was a petition regarding the proposed building works in and around Creigiau, rather than the moral stance and shopping habits of the eisting inhabitants. Are you opposed to the proposals? Or are you happy to see more of your agricultural land disappear, and a LOT more people shopping at the Tesco Express store that you seem to despise so much? How dare you question our motives when you know nothing about any of us. Idiot.

2013-11-21 14:58

Good to see people standing up for what they believe!

2013-11-21 22:12

A city needs it's green spaces.