Action against Whitburn Health Clinic

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Action against Whitburn Health Clinic.

#51 Re:

2014-06-10 22:19

#14: -

The doctors are lucky.  They have cars and plenty of money.  They should try walking to work in torrential rain for minimum wage.  They'd soon stop worrying about not having enough parking spaces.

#52 Re: Purpose

2014-06-10 22:27

#25: - Purpose

What action will ever be taken?  These people have cast iron legal teams to get them off the hook - and they do get off the hook practically every time. In this life they may never face justice. If they live long enough they may live to depend on someone who's as bad as they have been - then they would know what 'vulnerable' means.  This is not likely because they'll have plenty of money to pay for private care and to live off their status as doctors etc. I don't know how some of them can sleep at night - but then I do know - they are cold and hard with no consciences.

I'm sorry for the few good ones who have to work with such awful colleagues.

Poor and broken

#53 Re: Re: For 'health professional' (#27) above to consider ...........

2014-06-15 14:21

#50: Poor and broken - Re: For 'health professional' (#27) above to consider ...........

I tried to get an appointment on Friday and the first available with the doctor of my choice was four weeks away.  I was offered an appointment sooner with Dr Kerr and I said 'absolutely not' I can't see him again.

I wonder if Dr Kerr is the only GP there who has appointments available. I would go to the hospital or 'out of hours' before I would agree to see Dr Kerr again.

Does any one know if anything can be done or is this a place to vent our frustrations and nothing can be done?

Anonymous

#54 Re: Re: Re: For 'health professional' (#27) above to consider ...........

2014-06-16 20:21

#53: Poor and broken - Re: Re: For 'health professional' (#27) above to consider ...........

I do not know Poor and Broken but any one who can will vote with their feet and walk away to a better health centre.  Feel sorry for the ones who have to stay and who are unable to stand up against the abuse - feel sorry for them

#55 Re: v

2014-06-28 21:34

dr1965

#56 Re:

2015-02-08 21:09

#27: -  

im sorry im a fellow health professional and having recently moved to Whitburn I can say the the doctors at the Whitburn practise are at best unprofessional. From what i have heard and comments seen the female doctors are ok but the male doctors at the practise are ancient in their theories and advice given is impractical at best.

Anonymous

#57 Re: #27

2015-04-03 22:32

I totally agree with what you say I also think this petition has got out of control and there is a lot of people moaning just for the sake of it

2015-11-22 14:44

I've had bad experiences dealing with the surgery. My daughter had cancer and was continually turned away. Last straw was when she was asked to complete a form for depression. There are 2 GPs in particular who are uncaring and in the wrong profession.

2015-11-22 20:10

My very first appointment with this surgery was the most stressful I have ever been made feel at a doctors. Thank you Dr Kerr you should stand down

abc

#60 Re: ABOUT THE WEBSITE COMMENTS

2015-11-26 22:29

seen it all manners much needed

#61 Re:

2015-11-28 11:49

#33: -  

I was told by Dr kerr I was not in early labour 2 hours later my baby was gone I got told also off Dr kerr there is no way your daughter can break a collar bone at 2 yrs old I took her to a e broken collar bone they receptionist are rude not the young ones I don't go to kerr or toeneller 

2015-12-02 13:01

I love how some people have signed the petition multiple times, and sometimes using different names and coerced family members.  This is the quickest way to have your signature / comments ignored.  

These petitions do not work.

Basically, everyone who has a bad experience, feels they have to "blame" someone.

For every bad experience at any GP surgery, there are literally thousands of good and positive experiences which go unheralded.

Blame culture is killing society. 

Doctors and staff are human beings - everyone makes mistakes, and everyone has different personalitites.  Misunderstandings happen, and you will not get your point across correctly every time.

The doctors and staff have to deal with people who are either ill, or who are worried about someone who is ill - just think how stressfull that is!!  The fact is that is impossible to get the outcome you want out of every trip to the doctors - you react this way because you are ill or are worried.  You dnt get what you want, and you take it out on the hard working staff at the surgery, like petulant little children.

Working in a surgery is one of the hardest jobs there is - and these "issues"are the same for EVERY GP surgery in the country.

The only valid comment I've read on this petition is the fact that the surgery is understaffed.   The staff work hard and provide a great service to the one of the LARGEST GP surgeries in West Lothian.

Before you set out on a tirade in future - just think about what it would be like, if someone in your family got this level of grief EVERY SINGLE DAY.  They are simply doing thier job, and doing it well - often under very difficult circumstances.

2015-12-02 13:17

Only 141 signatures in over two years!  LOL

Many of the signatures are duplicates and alternative names for the same persons - there are also a lot of coerced family members who probably only signed it for a bit of peace and quiet!  Truly laughable!

The truth is that there are probably more than 141 people who have complained about the service of thier local take-away delivery serivce.

The staff at the health centre do a great job under a great deal of pressure - think before you lash out!

Your health, and the health of your loved ones is important to the GPs and staff - but because it is more important to YOU, you will always lash out and react angrily - it's human nature.  The GPs and staff are - unfortunately - used to it, and this petition will change nothing.  People will always complain.  Chances are you are in a bad mood before you even pick up the phone, or step over the GPs threshold.  It's almost as if you are looking for issues to complain about.

All you are doing is risking being put off the list.

If you treat the staff and GPs with civility and respect, they will treat you with civility and respect back!

Ranting gets you nowhere!

#64 Re: Warning!

2019-03-13 12:43

#65 Re:

2019-07-08 04:00

Manners don't cost money thought and doctors are rude some doctors there are a disgrace to the nhs

#66 Re: Re: Re: For 'health professional' (#27) above to consider ...........

2019-07-08 04:01

#53: Poor and broken - Re: Re: For 'health professional' (#27) above to consider ........... 

Dr Kerr is arrogant and rude one of the worst doctors I've ever had

#67 Re: Re:

2019-11-06 08:29

#68 Re: Re: dr Kerr

2020-01-06 18:40

#45: Josh - Re:  

It astounds me dr Kerr was allowed to still be there till his retirement! 
When I complained about him I was told he was due to retire so its ok. Disgusting and so his he. Misogyny at its finest, thankfully him and his sort are a dying breed.  
I totally relate to how this fool would have made you feel. #notok