STOP THE TRUCKS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition STOP THE TRUCKS.

2013-11-22 00:47

Stop the trucks in Beamsville!

2013-11-26 17:10

My nice and nephew who are both special needs live on this street. It is very dangerous even for my kids. Stop the trucks! And do something about that traffic!

2013-11-29 01:08

The Truck traffic on Ontario Street and Mountain Street has become absolutely ridiculous.

2013-11-29 03:10

Thanks Jeff for leading this. Hopefully this will make our town a safer (and quieter) place to live.

2013-11-29 13:59

I live off of Ontario Street and the truck wake my family up every morning starting as early as 4am.

2013-11-29 23:41

I just moved to beamsville, their is no truck traffic stop wasting our time!

#7 Re: Wasting your time

2013-11-30 03:47

#6: -

Welcome to town

2013-11-30 14:31

I don't think our downtown area will ever be a place where the residents will increase their patronage of the local businesses and feel proud of the downtown area while the trucks continue to drive through. The streets are too narrow the trucks are loud, smelly and they are destroying the roads. I would like our downtown to be similar to Grimsby.

2013-11-30 17:04

So who's road is to be replaced with your road???? Changing where yhey go only solves the problem for those who live in that area.

#10 Re:My road?

2013-11-30 23:14

#9: Guest -

THANKS FOR THOUGHTS.   WHY DID YOU BOTHER TO SIGN THE PETITION ?

Truck Friendly

#11 Common Sence

2013-12-01 18:40

It always makes me wonder why the same people who complain about the truck traffic seem to think that trucks drive down the streets just to piss you people off. They all have to deliver something for you. Everything they deliver is for you. Your real estate agent should have told you, when you bought your house there was a road in your front yard used to deliver your stuff to you. Call your real estate agent tell him you want to live somewhere quiet I’m sure he/she can help. Then you can drive to town for all your needs. Trucks can’t afford to drive around all the time. Try this a little differently next time. Every time you see a truck coming down your road give him a couple hundred dollars and ask him to drive around it might work. I’m sure the trucks were there before you.
its up to you

#12 Re:

2013-12-01 18:43

#3: -  

stop buying stuff the trucks who deliver it all will stay away when there is no more work to del

#13 COMPLAINING

2013-12-01 22:23

#11: Truck Friendly - Common Sence

AT LEAST YOU RESPONDED   WE CAN'T ALL AGREE  BY THE WAY I NEVER ONCE SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THE DRIVERS

#14 Re: COMMENTS

2013-12-01 22:26

#3: -

THANKS

Truck Friendly

#15 Re: COMPLAINING

2013-12-01 23:16

#13: - COMPLAINING 

I said nothing to do with truck driver i said that trucks have to deliver into your town. The product has to get there somehow.

2013-12-01 23:34

I live on Ontario Street and the truck traffic is out of hand!!!

#17 Re: Re: COMPLAINING

2013-12-02 00:01

#15: Truck Friendly - Re: COMPLAINING

You must be talking about trucks like the one stopped by Niagara Police a couple weeks ago on King St..  THERE WERE THREE OPERATORS IN THE CAB.  They had a toilet built into the cab.  The waste from this toilet was dropping out of the cab onto YOUR roads.  I don't  know about you , but, I don't want that truck delivering products for me.   Thanks for your input.

2013-12-05 04:33

There is absolute no need for large trucks congesting Ontario Street when they easily can use QEW to deliver their "goods". They came up Victoria Avenue, bypass the SCALE CONTROL and return to QEW via Ontario St. They also stop at the Tim Horton's just before entering QEW and effectively blocking one line for brief periods of time ... I have seen this behavior numerous times between 08:30 to 09:30 AM. These are not delivery trucks as someone wrote before me, they are large trucks, with metal parts on their beds and others with industrial goods on them. It has to stop, and this issue should also be in the desk of Mr. Dean Allison as he is the elected official that have to deal with our town issues ...

#19 Re:

2013-12-05 18:17

#18: -  

#20 Re:

2013-12-05 18:24

#18: -  at that point i agree with you but make a phone call to your local MTO or local police and say something i will agree with you if there going around scale the are in the wrong but just remembe you have more then just a local food store  minister of tranp. would love to hear you complain if your right all it takes for them to do is ask for a bill stating were there going  mto dont mind makeing money tell solve the problem but trucks still have to del material

#21 DEAN ALLISON'S OFFICE

2013-12-05 20:34

#18: -

I HAVE BEEN IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH MR ALLISON'S OFFICE.  THEY ARE CONCERNED BUT SAY IT IS NOT UNDER THIER JURISDICTION.  SAME WITH HUDAK'S OFFICE  THE TOWN PUTS IT OFF TO THE REGION  I HAVE MET WITH THE COMMISSIONER FOR PUBLIC WORKS FOR THE REGION ONE ON ONE.  I CAN TELL YOU ONLY A VERY SMALL NUMBER OF TRUCKS ARE DELIVERING IN THIS AREA.  BELIEVE ME I HAVE RESEARCHED THIS ISSUE.  I WILL BE ATTENDING YHE REGIONAL COUNSEL MEETING JANUARY 7th    check out mcdonald's parking lot in the morning too

2018-03-25 02:00

you sound like a miserable old dickhead