Legalise cannabis in guernsey

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Legalise cannabis in guernsey.

2014-02-13 14:09

Deputies need to grow a pair . It's a natural medicine free the herb

2014-02-13 23:14

I think it is such a waste of money to incarcerate somebody
For possesion of a natural plant. Alcohol kills how many a year and you can buy that anywhere.
Guernsey should take the bull by the horns and follow Colarado's lead.

2014-02-13 23:33

Stop making people criminals for smoking a bit of weed, you should be able to grow a couple of plants for personal use... instead of making it underground its like probabition the more your not allowed it the more you want it!! Stop the drug dealers bringing a load of shit pot here !!!!

2014-02-13 23:56

It is wrong to give someone a criminal record for a personal amount of pot when alcohol and tobacco are easily available. Tax it, regulate it, keep the dirty excuse for pot off our street's where quality control can be put in place and save money on law enforcement.

2014-02-14 10:00

The illegality of cannabis is outrageous.
The social harms caused by it's prohibition far outweigh any potential health issues, and the potential health issues of alcohol, tobacco, and pharmaceutical drugs far outweighs any posed by cannabis, which is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man.

#6 weed

2014-02-14 17:59

give the people what they want, legalise cannabis tax it its a win win
Loona

2014-02-15 12:14

The people that make the rules need to research a little and actually do some work!! This plant is a medicine and is pleasurable to take, there is no violence associated with it like Alcohol and it is 100% safer than Tobacco, come on law makers and stop jailing good people!!
Chunks

#8 Let's do this

2014-02-15 12:18

Everyone spread the word share this page and let's do this

2014-02-15 13:18

legalize it
Ray

#10 Get a grip people!

2014-02-15 14:15

Everyone who smokes cannabis is going to continue to do so, regardless if it is legal or not. The best situation that can be made from this is for the 'authority' to stop targeting us and and join us in the sense that they can also profit from this if the so called 'drug' was legalized. People use prescribed drugs, alcohol, tobacco and even caffeine to self medicate themselves, which is perfectly legal. But yet cannabis is still illegal, even though it is a proven fact that it is the least harmful and one of the most effective treatments you can have for many types of illness.

2014-02-15 14:54

Cannabis is not dangerous tobacco and alcohol ARE and there both legal and available everywhere and for anyone, how cannabis ever became illegal in the first place is beyond me.

#12 Re: couldnt agree more myself

2014-02-15 14:56

2014-02-15 15:21

Iv smoked pot for the past 7 years nearly every day with no side effects at all, im not addicted in any way shape or form before anyone asks because I can go for weeks with out it if I want to but I just find it a nice way to unwind and relax after a hard day at work. please legalise it with conditions like 21 years of age or over and only aloud to buy a certain amount a day and certain number of plants per house hold maybe? and tax people to grow it and to buy it.
freedom fighter

#14 Re:

2014-02-16 13:16

#11: -

many lies

Jay

#15 Re:

2014-02-16 15:15

#1: -

The Problem is, there probably are Deputies that are in support of legalising Cannabis, the problem is, they have their reputation to think about and if they get a bad response from the public by being open about their view, they could also lose their position in then next vote. There is the chance that they'll get more votes instead, but looking at how few signatures we have so far, I should think the majority of the public aren't in support, wont vote for 'said' Deputy and as I said before, might not get in next time.

I think the only way we can convice those in power to make the change, is to rapidly increase the number of signatures we have, which means everybody needs to share this petition on their Facebook page, on their Twitter account, get the word out there. Show the States that Guernsey wants it legalised!

Good luck everyone!

2014-02-16 19:46

Cure not war

2014-02-16 23:12

deaths on alcohol 2.5 million
deaths on weed 0

2014-02-17 00:39

yep
Hellz

#19 Legalise

2014-02-17 21:39

Alcohol is sooo much more worse for people. It breaks up families, can cause people to be violent and get into trouble, it wrecks your insides, makes you feel like crap and sometimes loose your memory, can cause mental health issues, you can die from it....the list goes on. Alcohol is sold everywhere....need I say anymore!!!
Christopher

#20 Re: Re:

2014-02-18 01:28

#15: Jay - Re:

Why would they have any reason to worry when over 50% of the public support legalisation?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/18/legalise-cannabis-in-uk_n_2712826.html

2014-02-19 21:30

I have lost two friends to cancer and they could have been cured by cannabis oil
Lb92

2014-02-23 13:57

The law is wrong!!
One thing that REALLY winds me up is a paedophile/murderer gets a few months in prison and someone smoking/dealing whatever gets years inside!!! If cannabis isnt legalised atleast sort the justice system out! At the end of the day someone in possesion isnt causing any harm to others, a dealer doesnt go knocking on peoples doors forcing them to buy! If people Use it then they will buy it! But do people ASK to be raped? Do people ASK to be murdered? No!! But it still happens and the Defendant gets a few poxy months for it!
I personally do not smoke cannabis this is just the way i feel! Good luck everyone :)

2014-03-02 16:46

It's a no brainer to be fair.