Blyth Town FC in support of 300 seater stand planning permission

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Blyth Town FC in support of 300 seater stand planning permission.

2014-02-23 19:33

Good Luck.

2014-02-23 20:09

With all the negativity in Blyth over the last decade it is like a breath of fresh air to see plans like this put in place and I know that Sandra Orr and all behind Blyth town will have everyone's interest at heart

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-02-23 20:28

2014-02-23 21:02

Hope this petition makes a difference.

2014-02-23 21:36

great to see local club progressing and investing for the future of local kids

2014-02-23 22:15

One of the best teams in blyth

2014-02-24 07:29

This will allow the club to grow, and do even more for the community, and in particular for the youth of the borough. The club have ambitious plans for the benefit of all the community, and it would be a tragedy if this was not allowed to happen.

2014-02-24 09:34

As one of the earlier posters said, it's great to see something positive for Blyth instead of so much focus on the negativity that has been associated with the town over the last decade. Good luck with the application, it deserves to go through.

2014-02-24 17:46

I hope this passes. We have to start somewhere to bring life back to Blyth.

2014-02-24 22:38

It narrow minded petty people trying to stop something amazing happening for the kids of Blyth. There are no legitimate reasons to stop this going ahead at all.

2014-02-25 07:53

Why would anyone from Blyth be against this, only the most self centred spiteful mind would want to put a stop to this. It's about future generations NOT US!! Steven Davison

2014-02-25 08:04

Incredibly sad that a section of NIMBYs would jeopardise the future of some of Blyths young sports people.
The pitch is already there as are the supporters so what difference will a stand make? We're not exactly erecting a gallowgate end on The site.
Keep the positivity going in Blyth!

2014-02-25 12:34

I think this will be a great investment for the kids and indeed all members of the community, we should do all we can to encourage investment into our great town
@ambergirls

2014-02-25 18:44

We might be in the same boat some time soon. All the best from @ambergirls

2014-02-25 21:26

Good luck

2014-04-30 19:58

I think that the over-reaction by residents is a typical NIMBY reaction. Are they not aware of the social good football clubs such as Blyth Town do for youth in the Community. It is most unlikely that the 300 seater stand would be full to capacity every other Saturday, on average, the attendance will be less than 200 people in total. The floodlights (check Heaton Stannington) can be installed in a manner which will not affect residents in any way. Weigh this NIMBY attitude against the number of youngsters that the Club keep off the streets (male and fenale) in active healthy pursuits. These pursuits additionally encourage interpersonal skills and an understanding of the needs of others, which are never developed by youngsters sitting at home getting fat and unfit, playing Xbox and other games, which invariably involve car theft, killing and other in real life illegal pursuits. Come on residents - apply a little social understanding - remember the beneficiaries could be your children or grandchildren,.

Nimby

#17 Guest against

2014-05-04 08:48

As a resident I would like to make some comments. First of all parking seems to come up a lot, you simply don't have enough parking spaces now, and with no intention to increase this the the problem will become worse. As stared in other comment you do not expect to fill the stadium for 300 people, then why do you need it? You want to annex a PUBLIC area and restrict access to the residents by putting a fence all the way around it, on supposed health and safety grounds, please do not think anyone is under any miss apprehensions about this is to join the lower teirs of the football league and is what they require, in my opinion that the fence is a method to allow you to charge a entrance fee. Again this is a public field which was adopted Northumberland council for the community to use not just a select few. Please note I am not against the club using the field for the benifit of the children in the community however the proposed site is solely for the benefit of the first team to play matches who are adults not children I do not see any collective community benefit from this yes keep it as it is a open field which everyone can use and benefit from. The clubs total disregard of its neighbours taking every opertunity to belittle genuine concerns is stagering an show utter contempt and is unacceptable. Finally to answer the nimby comment the club is already in our backyard and is trying to take over land we all own to make a business, this is public land not owned by the club for the use of everyone not just footballers. Paying a peppercorn rent annually doesn't mean it's yours it's everyone's. I thinks comments for people how live out of the area should be disregarded. Finally my basic wishes are

A PUBLIC FEILD FOR EVERYONE TO USE WITH NO RESTRICTIONS DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING NO STAND ,NO LIGHTS, NO FENCES, ESPECIALLY NO FENCES, A FOOTBALL CLUB WHICH IS ETHICAL AND SHOWS RESPECT FOR THE COMMUNITY WHICH IT IS PART OF. KEEP THE ARANGEMENT AS IT IS.

#18 Re: Guest against

2015-04-21 11:35

#17: Nimby - Guest agains

hear hear well said