Oppose the redevelopment of The Pheasant pub site by Inland Homes

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Oppose the redevelopment of The Pheasant pub site by Inland Homes.

2014-03-26 20:59

Save this pub, There are many students who come back to Amersham on holidays and weekends who would love to go out for a drink to somewhere which is not a pub restaurant, and thats all amersham has to offer. Bring back the pheasant or similar type of pub and we wont let you down.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-03-26 21:22

2014-03-26 21:58

This is a local that bit only got taken away from us but has ripped the heart out of Amersham we all love this pub and want it back :)

2014-03-26 22:26

We need the phes back.

2014-03-26 23:46

We, the opposed feel that by taking away our local , The Pheasant public house you have created a vast abyss in our community . The pheasant was Amersham on the hills central pub, local to a variety of customers

2014-03-27 09:08

Bring back the pheasant. The local community has had it's heart ripped out with both pubs being closed. Bring back the pub and you shall see an improvement in community spirit!
Emme

#7 The Pheasant

2014-03-27 09:58

Have shared this petition on the Facebook page www.weareamersham.co.uk We live near Plantation Road, and the Pheasant was the first pub we called in for a Sunday lunch, when we first moved to Amersham!

2014-03-27 10:19

This is an important local community facility to which locals showed their loyalty, yet again the hub of the community will be ripped out in the name of construction profit.

2014-03-27 11:24

This application would lose an important local community facility (namely a pub) and replace it with a high density housing development. It is against local planning policy and will change the character, for the worse.

2014-03-27 12:57

Community Guy

#11 The Pheasant at Amersham on the Hill

2014-03-27 13:24

Amersham on the Hill needs a decent, well managed and vibrant traditional public house. The Pheasant is the ONLY realistic opportunity to provide that community resource in this area. The problem with it in the past was that it was poorly managed , had become a bit tatty around the edges and had at times too much of a brash, rude, loud and foul mouthed element which discouraged couples and groups of friends who simply wanted to be able to walk to a nice local and maybe stay and have a bite to eat which I'm convinced they would if the property was properly restored and improved and vitally managed so as to welcome all sections of the local community and not just the loud mouthed element.

2014-03-27 14:18

2014-03-27 14:37

no more houses or flats!!! roads are congested enough

2014-03-27 15:35

The remaining Public Houses are like Post Offices; they are a part of our communities and as such should be protected from redevelopment.

2014-03-27 15:55

We need community facilities and the loss of the Pheasant leaves locals with just one very expensive public house! Thanks

2014-03-27 15:55

We need to have a local pub back, it helps people keep in touch, catch up and get to know each other, sadly we all seem to be expected to pay the cab fare to other pubs that are not local or sit at home on line. We have already lost the Iron Horse and Red Lion to greedy, self serving developers. Too much has been taken from the community of Amersham on the Hill and it should not be happening again.

2014-03-27 17:41

We would love a local pub in Amersham-on- the Hill. The Pheasant in latter years was not a very salubrious place to visit!

#18 save the pub

2014-03-27 17:59

I love that pub, I used to go out with my mates to the pub and the pub is 2 mins walk from where I live. Bring the pub back xxxxxx

2014-03-27 18:43

I do not consider that the number of new buildings planned takes traffic congestion into account, simply from this point of view I regard the plan as dangerous and likely. To lead to road traffic accidents. It is likely m that many of the new dwellings will house children of all ages and this makes the plan all the more worrying

2014-03-28 00:23

2014-03-28 09:52

Please do not destroy the authentic British features, to which this pub belongs.

2014-03-28 10:26

I agree with the comments. From having
a number of pubs to none is a step
back in time goes to far for people to meet and discuss local issues

2014-03-28 10:27

The Pheasant was a convenient place to take our foreign visitors ! It is sadly missed

2014-03-28 10:34

We have lived here almost 40 years. Over that time the public house has been a source of pleasurable enjoyment for ourselves, our family and friends. Its closure has beena great loss, especially now that we are older and infirm and cannot get around as before,

2014-03-28 11:37

When I first moved to Amersham I didn't know anyone going to the Pheasant provided me not only with work but an opportunity to make friends. Over the years I have seen managers come and go but the locals by and large have remained the same core group of people. Now that the Pheasant has closed there is no where for these locals to meet and catch up. Many people have lost touch and social isolation is a real threat to some. I have no doubt that this has been caused by the closure of the pub. Amersham does not need more house it needs real and strong community links that can be provided by well managed, vibrant and inviting local pub.