Save Austin Rawlinson Leisure Centre

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Austin Rawlinson Leisure Centre.

2014-04-28 22:04

Growing up in Speke one of the few facilities was the swimming baths where I was in the Penguin Swimming Club, and learning to swim was both fun, and the exercise that we are always advised to take. It is shameful that the Council is looking to act against the will of the people and close it.

2014-04-28 22:09

This is wrong on them to close this pool if this is happening there will be no where for anyway to go to to have some swimming and gym leisure everyday and no where for the kids to go and will be stuck on street .

2014-04-28 22:10

They are taking from small communities and children need these facilities it's disgusting what will happen if you take away things when kids are bored and causing havoc what will happen to the next generation? Think first!!

2014-04-28 22:23

Good Luck to you all xx

2014-04-28 22:27

Many fond memorys in there would be a shame if speke lost it

2014-04-28 22:30

We need our swimming pool in speke...the children need our pool ...hands off!

2014-04-28 22:35

Leave our pool alone!

2014-04-28 22:38

Most of my school holiday,s where spent here as a child and i remembered it being built .They want you to keep fit but no where to go and swimming is the best exercise easy on the old bone,s the swimming bath,s as been here for over 50 years why now do they want to close it.FIGHT TO KEEP IT OPEN FOR OUR CHILDREN AND GRAND CHILDREN .

2014-04-28 22:42

Exercise and a place for family activities are much needed in Speke

2014-04-28 22:56

This is the only facility we have in Speke and the only swimming pool for miles, learning to swim is a very important life skill and should not be denied to the residents of Speke and certainly not the children, in an age were the population is getting increasingly obese surely it would make sense to encourage people to exercise more not less, this is a penny pinching short sighted move, in the long run costing the city a lot more in terms of ill health!! I urge the powers that be to rethink this closure for the sake of the health and well being of our residents who already live in a deprived area and a very well known deprived part of Liverpool at that

2014-04-28 23:06

Stop closing places down that people use and keep them occupied and out of trouble. Keep it open!!!

2014-04-29 05:34

SAVE OUR BATHS

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-04-29 06:32

2014-04-29 06:38

I grew up in Speke, the pool opened in the 1960s when I was a teenager & it has been an invaluable facility to the community since. Even though I no longer live in the areal I wholly support this petition for local people to be able to keep enjoying the facilities there. It would be yet another 'nail in Speke's coffin' as so many other invaluable facilities are being forced to close.

2014-04-29 07:01

We need resources in speke not them taken away from us

2014-04-29 07:52

Disgusting that this could happen, this is one of the reasons for me recently moving to Australia as what hopes do the kids of Speke and local areas have with all of these cut backs.
The local authority where I know live are spending millions to upgrade the local aquatic centre to encourage healthy living etc

2014-04-29 08:00

Disgusting kids have already got nothing to do. I fitted8 600 pound doors in a probation centre last week that didn't need them at all because the council had to spend the Budjet plus thousands and thousands more useless stuff desks /partitions / shower rooms all for probation centres so that's sound but the kids can't go and gave a fame of footy or a swim

2014-04-29 08:33

Think people need to use the facilities and this will give us more of a fighting chance of actually saving it. I go to the gym and pool a few times a week and never see more than five people in each. Also, the coalition have instigated a cut of 153 million pounds to liverpool city council over the next 3 years and that is whats causing this overall cutting, not your local council.

2014-04-29 08:39

I grew up in speke, and brought my 2 youngest children up there , for there best part of there younger lifes. There was not a lot of things for the children to do in the summer holidays or weekends apart from going swimming at Austin rawlinsons baths, which they both loved to do .To close it down would be another nail in the coffin to spekes regeneration process and a disastorous move for the children of speke who still live there ,

2014-04-29 09:21

Please save as we need this in speke we will have nothing left if the council has its own way

2014-04-29 09:42

We need are facilertes in speke to stay open as this give's are self's and are children some were to to keep fit and healthy as for are primary school children to beable to be leant to swim as this is a much needed life skill as is being able to read to have acsses to computers for the communite a nd this helps with keeping crime down and anti socile behaver down please keep are facilertes open

2014-04-29 09:47

Save the baths,

2014-04-29 09:47

Without Austin Rawlinson leisure centre, there will be no activities for the people of Speke to take part in, also the children of Speke use the leisure centre to practice football, swimmimg lessons, net ball,etc, that would be taken away from them which i strongly disagree with.

2014-04-29 09:55

It is a disgrace that the council are even thinking about closing such a leisure facility, let alone trying to actually force the closure through. It was only a few years ago that the government stated that swimming was an essential life skill that all children should learn, especially with them living on an island. By closing the swimming pool you are not only depriving the local children, and future generations, from learning such an essential life skill, but you are also taking away one of the only community leisure facilities left within the area. Shame on you Liverpool Council, shame on you!!!

2014-04-29 09:56

Soon there will be nothing left in speke