Student-Run Visual Art Show NEEDS THE GALLERY!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Student-Run Visual Art Show NEEDS THE GALLERY!.

2014-05-10 14:37

Ciment gave 4 years of technical training and it could be a way of showing what we learning in our form of creativity like for me photography.

2014-05-10 19:44

Great idea-young artists should learn to develop, showcase and promote their own work!

2014-05-11 05:24

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. The reason I didn't wanna go to visual is bc this isnt a thing. Sooo exited yayie

2014-05-11 21:42

If the gallery space can be made available for this exhibit, and common sense is applied in the art selection process, what could possibly be a good argument against it?

2014-05-12 15:23

Freedom of any form that allows young people to display their creative talents should be encouraged at all levels of management. What better way to support creativity that to allow freedom of expression in the field of arts.

2014-05-13 07:05

We fully support all the young artist in their strive and push in show casing their art. (Jordan/Kaila)

#7 It's an art school

2014-05-13 17:47

I went to the senior show on April 10th as a friend of a student and was disappointed that the students' work were not grouped by the individual artist. It would have been a way to view their entire body of work together rather than sporadically about the halls. I also would have enjoyed seeing an idea of "their" work rather than class work. It is an art school where they were allowed to follow their passion, with assistance and direction. Hopefully, the students are encouraged to continue to follow their passion while getting a good foundation. Please let them have a show where they can show their work, rather than their class assignments.
Movie Man

#8 Subject So why is this exhibit needed?

2014-05-13 18:55

Creativity should be celebrated in any school, but especially at RASOTA. This petition and potential exhibition sends a message that the RASOTA administration should take a hard look at addressing the needs of creative minds. I get that the Visual Arts students need a foundation of basic skills. They certainly get that here. What is lacking is the encouragement to take the next step: Create! To bring an idea from the mind to a sheet of paper, or canvas, or block of wood is so rewarding and must be encouraged. The students have decades of conformity ahead of them, so why not encourage them to experiment and create while they still can? Let them loosen up! Create! Invent! Explode! And show us what you made! The rewards will last a lifetime. Best wishes for a great exhibit.

2014-05-14 02:28

This is necessary

2014-05-14 04:45

YES
Agelio and Delia Batle

#11 Just heard the show won't happen at SOTA

2014-05-15 05:19

I can’t tell you how sad I feel that the student run art show will not happen at SOTA. How did we get here? How can a “school of the Arts” so easily dismiss and discourage the creative voices of our young artists. Shame on them!
As parents, we know that one day, we would have to sit our children down and tell them that the world is often a cold and cruel place, that there will be people who appear to have your best interest in mind that will crush you. I just never thought that place would an arts High School..
Bravo to you young Artists! Most would become bitter and hardened, you are undeterred . We are all inspired by your resilience and courage.

Agelio and Delia Batle