No To Whitchurch AD Plant

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition No To Whitchurch AD Plant.

D

#26 Grocontinental

2014-06-04 22:45

Why should we have industry outside the development boundary of Whitchurch, rules are rules and Broughall Fields is for agriculture not industry, so NO! NO! to Grocotts application for an AD plant! Listen to the people of this town.Where is the public meeting Mr D Grocott was going to call.Let people voice their opinion.

2014-06-05 10:51

Nothing but lies from grocots once again!

2014-06-05 17:28

IF THE COUNCIL ALLOW THIS IN WHITCHURCH, WE SHOULD STOP PAYING OUR COUNCIL TAX, THAT WOULD MAKE THEM
THINK TWICE.

#29 Grocontinetal anaerobic Digestion Plant

2014-06-05 19:40

Hi
Sorry to say but Grocott isn't interested in what extra value it brings in ... he's only there to line his own pocket.. plus he doesn't even live in the town he's at Prees so no effect on him with the extra volume of traffic, noise and the smell of these digestion plants. No concern about the environment what so ever.... just look at the great big blot on the landscape, of his chilled unit storage plant a bloody eyesore, he's got his fingers in all the pies with the very own people you run the town council... if they cant make a little with the so called back handers...

2014-06-06 06:57

The best place for this would be next to Mr Grocotts house in Prees!

2014-06-06 09:56

THERE IS ALREADY TOO MUCH HEAVY LORRY TRAFFIC in and around Whitchurch on this basis alone we do not want an anaerobic digester.I also understand that the Whitchurch/Nantwich road is in the top 10 of the most dangerous roads in the country!

2014-06-06 19:57

I think Grocontinental have enough roof space to have a Solar farm of there own which would give more power, clean power,safe power,no smell,no traffic,no explosions,no slurry spills,also there is a school,nursing home,childrens play school,and hundreds of homes. THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

2014-06-06 20:07

WE DO NOT WANT THIS- IF THEY GET THE GO AHEAD BEFORE WE KNOW IT BROUGHALL FIELDS WILL BE TOTTALY DEVELOPED BY GROCONTINENTAL.THERE WILL BE NO STOPPING THEM. PERHAPS THE COUNCIL SHOULD PASS IT FOR HOUSING DEVELOPMENT INSTEAD IT WOULD BE MORE BENEFICIAL TO WHITCHURCH AND THE ENVIREMENT.

2014-06-08 05:46

The town is called Whitchurch, not Grocontinental. Not only have they already blighted the outskirts of this beautiful, historic market town they seem to think that they can do what they like for their own benefit. Shouldn't a 'flawed' planning application be rejected? http://m.whitchurchherald.co.uk/mobile/mnews/133546/kicking-up-a-stink-.aspx
BP

2014-06-08 11:59

I feel sure that the planning authority have no idea about ADP's. It would be a blight on the entire town. I have worked on ADP's some time ago and they are a danger both operationally and environmentally. It appears that the planning authority do NOT think matters through. They defined the industrial boundaries - just like the governments they now wish to change - at the disadvantage to the town as a whole. The PV approach is more suited to the need and should be case studied and moved forward on these lines. It is important that the plans are forward looking, and are beneficial to the growth and prosperity of the town and its residents - so why don't the planning authority just do that with the support of the town as a whole. I am sure we all have pride in where we are - so the authority should NOT destroy that.

#36 No to AD Plant

2014-06-10 20:05

I think this plant will be too close to peoples houses. We might be used to the country smells, but these are occasional and seasonal, the smells from the AD Plant will be 24/7 all year round. We don't want this in our back gardens.

2014-06-11 11:00

I object to this application on the basis it is outside the development boundary for Whitchurch, the increased traffic level, the level of noise whilst the plant us bring built and in use and the failures of AD plants elsewhere. I am also concerned about the smell.

2014-06-14 16:16

Keep Whitchurch clean and fragrant. Surely solar panels are the answer and if we can't have those why can't efforts be redoubled to connect more electricity from the National Grid?!

2014-06-17 12:06

I appreciate that there was a public presentation but it was not well advertised and the date has now passed. Information should be continually available for something so important. The residents of Whitchurch have a right to live in their homes unaffected by excessive noise and smell. The proposed site of this AD is close to many homes and within 400 metres of the edge of the main part of the town meaning that any smell and noise will impact on huge numbers of households. Any negative impact on the town will have far reaching consequences reducing the appeal of the town to any future businesses or householders meaning that the town could go into irreversible decline. We deserve better.

2014-06-21 10:48

I feel that this plant will only provide three job vacancies and those vacancies may not include local people. Grocontinental are a big enough concern to incorporate a greener energy supply as they have a substantial roof capable of being utilised as a solar energy harness which should provide enough sustainable energy. The saving in current energy usage and not investing in a digester would allow them to employ, within their current facility, three local people. I am sure the installation of panels would attract a subsidy from one or other of the solar energy suppliers. Green and clean.

#41 A sensible idea to Whitchurch Power problems

2014-06-30 07:05

Whilst many suggest Solar PV, the Sun isn't 24/7 constant. You want the power, yet you don't like the way in which it will be generated. Cake and eat it springs to mind. How about a couple of 150ft tall wind turbines, would that be a preference? Its like citing animal cruelty whilst tucking in to your Sunday Roast. Progress is sometimes painful, and yes this does sometimes mean putting up with the down-sides. Until cold fusion technology is viable, YOU have to decide. Have power to boil you kettle in the morning, or green pastures that stretch to the horizon. You can't have both I'm afraid.
Guest2

#42 Absolutely NOT A sensible idea to Whitchurch Power problems

2014-07-02 12:24

#41: Guest - A sensible idea to Whitchurch Power problems

You are missing the point.  This isn't to do with power problems in Whitchurch, but rather specifically to do with Grocontinental making a business decision that an AD plant will be the most profitable solution to their increasing requirement for power.   Speaking as a resident whose children need to walk down that road, who go to school within smelling distance, and who are members of sports clubs also within smelling distance - I would much prefer solar panels, wind turbines, or indeed Grocontinental installing the substation they have permission to do.  This would be infinitely preferable to stopping my children walking to school due to substantial increase in HGV traffic, together with the almost certain and constant smell generated.   Unfortunately it would appear that whilst the AD will make certain and ongoing profits for the Grocott Family, the other green (or none green) alternatives will give nowhere near the same profit margin.  I would note that none of the Grocott Family live in Whitchurch and they chose not to educate their children in local schools.  Therefore the increase in HGV and associated pollution, the smell, the noise and all the other associated anti-social elements to do with this site are not going to effect them.  Yes, by all means we should encourage them to go green with their vast power requirements - but this should not be at the expense of the quality of life of the residents of Whitchurch.

Annoyed Guest

#43 How does this solve Whitchurch Power Problems?

2014-07-02 18:16

#41: Guest - A sensible idea to Whitchurch Power problems

This is for Grocontinental only.  All extra power will go back into the grid to make them money.  It doesn't make any difference directly to Whitchurch.  Whitchurch doesn't want this power - a rich and powerful family who don't even live here want this power to make more money for themselves.    Yes wind turbines, solar (you can store the power in batteries you know - the advances in technology are remarkable!) - all are preferable.  An AD of this type will actually cause more pollution, and directly effect the quality of life for a great number of people.    Presumably whoever wrote comment 41 actually has absolutely no idea of what this is about - or is a Grocott.

2014-08-25 10:27

This is a complete nonsense of a project - with no consideration for the population of Whitchurch. It will no doubt affect us all - especially those of us who live close.
If they want extra electricity, use solar power.