Saving CYTO

Daniel Baker

/ #77 A Horrendous Mistake...

2011-03-15 19:01

CYTO is literally, my life. I have been going there for 2 1/2 years and I have never looked back. I can honestly and truly say this, but the people at CYTO (including the staff) are much better than anyone I know at school. Before CYTO life was dull, nothing wrong, but there was just that little bit missing, the little bit which wanted to me to do something. From the moment I stepped through those doors I was shy (if anyone can remember that side of me) and CYTO has changed me into a boy who, now at 16, still bounces off the walls. No additives. No preservatives. Just the enjoyment of being there with proffesionals doing what I want. The first show that I did, Dealer's Choice, included many setbacks, but it was an unforgettable experience that I will never get it again. Everyone was at least 5 years older than me, and being the youngest, I didn't know what to expect. But the cast (all male) took me in and, as it was such an intimate show, I felt fantastic.
I've had that feeling with many other shows, shows like West Side Story, and I actually dropped out of a school show because our production of WSS was fantastic to be in.
It would be a major loss to Croydon if they lost CYTO, and I truly mean that. I have already performed at the Fairfield Halls and the Broadway Theatre in Catford with CYTO in my somewhat short time compared to others, this being as well as going on tour as well as Scotland with the breathtaking piece of theatre that is Shank.
Young or Old, I have made many fantastic friends there, mostly older, and I always though that I would never get any friends above/below my age group. The people at CYTO changed that. They have changed me.
SAVE CYTO. Its one of Croydon's only hopes for the brand image of bad youth's to go away.