VALERIE'S LAW

hi

/ #8

2011-03-29 21:39

The punishments for drug dealers are already harsh. It just depends on what jurisdiction they are in and what judge they get. You cant get any worse than a felony. What type of punishment are you talking? We have already got laws in play to keep these people off the streets. Hold the users responsible for their own actions. Instead of being like aaaaw, poor me. Our justice system needs to give them some tough love. But you know what, Our prisons are full of drug dealers while the child molesters are roaming around, hanging in parks and watching our children. I checked out how many sex offenders live over in the area near main street where i stay...there are way too many. People need to just watch their friends and family. Take care of them. Stop trying to change the world. If people cared more about those who are close to them instead of paying so much attention to if someone else is in trouble, then maybe we wouldnt have so any drug users. Those users lack attention, love, affection, a good support system. Maybe your friend wouldnt have been bar hopping if someone REALLY listened to her plight. I myself battled a serious addiction and only overcame it with the EXTREME help of my loved ones. I did not blame my dealer when i ended up in the hospital. it was ALL my decision. So many young people are more worried about the next time they are going to go hang at the club or bar instead of worrying about why their friends feel the need to get trashed, and drown thier sorrows. You cant change what happened to her. What you CAN do is pay attention to the tale tell signs of the ones close to you, your family, your friends, and especially the children. We are never going to be able to completely shield our youth from the monster dealers out there. The world just doesnt work that way. What we can do is show them all the love and affection we can and hope for the best.