NO MORE POISONING IN DAHAB!

The wanderer

/ #30 City and surroundings... two different things

2011-04-15 20:33

Lately I've been stalked by dogs when walking the mountains. A handful of times it's been many dogs and annoyed me enough to make me turn back and do something else. Not a good situation at all. And this 'dog wadi' is a truly horrible idea, no one should be allowed to take a whole wadi like that, in a protected area, for ANY purpose, no matter how much they pay for it. I want to walk there and see the beautiful desert, but instead I find a poorly fenced area with hordes of potentially rabid dogs that come rushing at me. I'm not scared by dogs at all, but anyone who is not calm in such a situation could end up being eaten by these beasts.

My conclusion is, the mountains do need this poison, especially the landfill areas. Spay and neuter is never going treat enough dogs to keep the population under control. However, I agree there should be no poison in the city, as it could be dangerous to children, cats and non stray dogs. Hopefully the mountain bait will drive more strays out of the city. Sorry animal lovers, but we need no strays at all, they are not welcome in Dahab.