Petition to Allow Wausau West Master Singers to Sing

/ #130

2013-10-09 21:55

I grew up in Wausau and lived in Wausau after being married. I am a CPA and I worked for the Firm of Wipfli Ullrich CPAs. in Wausau for 28 years. I've known the Buch family and Phil in particular very well since he was a youth. I have enjoyed attending a number of Wausau West Christmas and other concerts over the years. Often I was totally emotionally thrilled as I listened to the incredible sound of the choirs singing Christmas Carols and other quality secular songs. I know Phil to be a very talented music instructor and overall teacher and one who is especially very interested in the growth and future welfare of his students. He is truly a very positive role model for his students, which every school desires for their staff. I love music and I must say that learning good songs and participating in a first class choir will allow these students to take the songs which they are singing in high school with them throughout their lives. I am deeply saddened to learn of the position that some of the school administration has taken to curtail singing Christmas songs at this Holiday time when the whole world is celebrating the significant birth of Jesus Christ. I appeal to the school administrators to reverse their decision.