Say no to stalybridge mosque

/ #578 Re: Re: Re:

2013-11-19 18:11

#570: - Re: Re:  I never claimed to, simply referenced him as someone with long term direct experience of the points at issue. No doubt some areas are 'fine', many others demonstrably are not and not just in India. There are no more tensions in Stallybridge as the mosque proposal has been rejected due to the large number of people signing the petition and lodging formal objections. if the bulk of local public opinion had been in favour no doubt a petition would have been launched in favour of the mosque, it wasn't because they clearly aren't. I didn't insinuate anything, I responded directly to the point raised where it was stated that, ' I don't understand why someone who hasn't been is telling me as if they know better' so they DID allude to it. Living in India in apparent total ignorance of the manifest and widespread inter cultural problems and regular outbreaks of hostility and violence and vaguely stating eveyhting is 'fine' certainly doesn't qualify anyone to comment more than someone who's never been there. I didn't react wildy simply used irony to demonstrate the irrationality of a specific statement.