Convent needs Mrs Curran

/ #7

2011-05-26 01:25

I do not know the actual reason as to why Mrs. Curran was let go, however I do know that she was and still is a MAJOR part of my (Alex Sierra's) decision making. Mrs. Curran found a way to make each and every one of her student feel as if she was their own "mom away from home". She has been one of the most influential individuals in my life and needless to say there truly is NO Convent without her. The goals and expectations of Convent were portrayed and presented by Mrs. Curran in the most creative and fun ways, making all students want to be as involved in school activities and spirit as possible. I still revert back to my days at Convent, even being a Junior now in College and find myself thinking how happy I was to experience high school at convent mostly because of how nurturing and comfortable it was to learn and just be myself. She has made a lasting impression on not only me but on my family as well, as her kind and nurturing, yet tough love when appropriate, nature was always available as a resource and outlet. I know everyone loves Mrs. Curran as a part of their own family and I think that in letting her go, Convent will be significantly lacking in its most important and quality areas.