Convent needs Mrs Curran

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Convent needs Mrs Curran.

2011-05-25 21:03

Mrs. Curran as Activities Director enables all the children to feel part of the "HEART" of the Convent of the Sacred Heart. I look forward myself to hearing about all the things she does for our girls. My daughter is always so thrilled and excited when she tells me about what is going on at Convent and what Mrs. Curran has planned for them. We were fortunate in that we had many choices of schools for my daughter to attend; Celine Curran was a huge deciding factor in choosing Convent. I think if it were put to a vote by the parents and the children, Mrs. Curran would be reinstated. I support Mrs. Curran 100% and would respectfully request that she be reinstated.

2011-05-25 23:52

There is no more giving, caring, effective teacher/counselor/friend in the world to the girls of Convent than Mrs. Curran. I support her re-instatement completely.

2011-05-25 23:54

We are in complete support of Mrs. Curran. She has always done an amazing job. Especially when having to attend all the evening events that are so required. We see this everyday with look in our daughters eyes and the happiness they feel to go to "that school" and the confidence to launch on and be independent and love what they do! Alice c. James

2011-05-26 00:03

we love
Mrs. Curran

2011-05-26 00:39

Celine curran is the reason Grace Milligan attended convent. She is the heart and soul of this school. She sees a girls strengths and weaknesses and builds them both!

#6 Board of Director

2011-05-26 00:50

Please make sure that the board of directors sees this petition. All of the board, not just the chairperson. The chorus of support needs to be heard broadly.
Thank you for organizing this. Great job in support of a well deserving educator, Celine Curran.

2011-05-26 01:25

I do not know the actual reason as to why Mrs. Curran was let go, however I do know that she was and still is a MAJOR part of my (Alex Sierra's) decision making. Mrs. Curran found a way to make each and every one of her student feel as if she was their own "mom away from home". She has been one of the most influential individuals in my life and needless to say there truly is NO Convent without her. The goals and expectations of Convent were portrayed and presented by Mrs. Curran in the most creative and fun ways, making all students want to be as involved in school activities and spirit as possible. I still revert back to my days at Convent, even being a Junior now in College and find myself thinking how happy I was to experience high school at convent mostly because of how nurturing and comfortable it was to learn and just be myself. She has made a lasting impression on not only me but on my family as well, as her kind and nurturing, yet tough love when appropriate, nature was always available as a resource and outlet. I know everyone loves Mrs. Curran as a part of their own family and I think that in letting her go, Convent will be significantly lacking in its most important and quality areas.

2011-05-26 03:25

It is not Convent without Mrs. Curran.

2011-05-26 04:07

At the year end music concert last month, April 2011, I took a friend to the concert who had never been to the school before. Mrs.Curran got up as she always does and started to speak, thanking numerous people, leading applause.
He leaned over to me and whispered. "Who is that woman? She is like Oprah!"
I ask you, who in their right mind, fires Oprah?
We want our pride back, we want Curran back.
Bonnie

#10 Re: your friend put it perfectly, how spot on, Ms. Curran is the girls' Oprah

2011-05-26 05:51

#11 Re:

2011-05-26 06:13

#9: -

I LOVE that!! Perfect

2011-05-26 06:54

My wife was so proud to have been educated at The Convent. I have watched the unfolding of recent events with disbelef, this is indeed a shameful moment in the history of this fine institution.I hope the powers that be find the courage to remove the new head,Rachel, who I believe has been deceptive and dishorable and to challenge Gordon, the board member,who has show the worst political conniving to get his way.Please clean this up and reinstate Celine Curran!

2011-05-26 18:14

I support this petition 100%. I am very proud to be a parent of the Sacred Heart Schools and believe that Mrs. Curran is the absolute heart and soul of our High School.

2011-05-27 08:04

Celine Curran is the heart and soul of CSH and only people who do not understand her influence and impact on the lives of our daughters or the nature of the institution they are running would make as an egregious error as to remove her in such an ignoble manner. Sharafinsky and Shurley are the people who need to go. Let's not forget who is really responsible for the years of mismanagement of SHHS. Why exactly is he now in charge of all four schools?

2011-06-01 07:41

No Curran ..no Convent...fix it while there is still time
anna

#16 curran

2011-08-25 02:45

the best thing the convent has done is not to let her back!

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2011-09-17 18:23

2011-09-30 07:41

2011-09-30 10:59

2011-09-30 11:34

2011-09-30 14:42

2011-10-02 04:31

2011-10-09 01:19

2011-10-10 20:49

2011-10-16 08:32