HNS_Haveyouconsidered

/ #17

2014-01-09 23:28

Twenty-two years ago I began my educational journey at the Highlands Nursery School. My mother walked with me, hand in hand to the door of the neighborhood school brightly depicted by the red apple "Welcome" flag. I remember this day distinctly. I was nervous, but fought back the tears as my mother knelt down to hug me before we parted ways. In no time at all did the classroom painted yellow become my favorite place to be. My teachers, Mrs. Sullivan and Mrs. Bowden created a classroom environment of comfort and security. While gaining the essential objectives of the pre-school curriculum, Highlands Nursery School was a place where imagination and creativity were welcomed. In this risk-free educational environment, I flourished academically, socially, and emotionally.

I am now twenty-five years old, and I am a first year Kindergarten teacher in a suburb just north of Boston. I have the best job in the world, and I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to enrich the lives of twenty-three five-year-olds each day. There is no doubt in my mind that I would not have ended up where I am today had it not been for my experience at Highlands Nursery School.