Stokey Local

/ #1

2011-07-07 13:31

I simply can not believe the sheer greed of developers and super chains, to make every high street and every town center across the land the same, stripping all individuality and soul out of our environment is a diabolical injustice to our sense of British creativity, eccentricity and pride in our local heritage.
Stokey (as we fondly refer to the area), does not need another big store like this, it will literally help kill the soul of our street causing even more traffic and pollution problems be the cause of yet more soul destroying damage to the already challenged high street independents who are the collective force serving and providing the community and have done so for many years thus helping sculpt their high street into the thriving buzz that it is today, and for this reason it is that the big 'super' stores want a piece of it! This is no just reward. It is our duty to save these precious areas of individuality and creativity from such greed, as they are a dying breed and need conservation. I am not against progression but I truly am sickened with anger by this planning proposal. What needs to happen before those in power realise that it is too late to save our streets?