West Liberty University College Hall & Ceramics

/ #62

2015-04-22 15:54

Although I am a dental hygiene major, I am currently taking dance courses which requires use of the ballet studio in Blatnik. An amazing role model, dancer, teacher, and friend, Jill Howard is working to get a dance minor in the Fall of 2015 and eventually a dance major as well. This is so important to me as dance has saved my life in so many different ways emotionally and physically. Being a senior and starting the dental hygiene program in the fall, I will not have time to enter a dance minor but would be thrilled to have other students be able to have this opportunity. When it comes down to it, space is limited at West Liberty University, making it hard for every student to fulfill their needs and requirements as certain majors and minors call for. Without proper space and working areas, it is nearly impossible to be able to learn the material and work hands on as a college student should be able to. I feel music and art majors/minors are just as important as any other major at WLU and we, the students, should not be punished by taking away our working space. I hope you read this and see that it does make a difference to give back to the ones that work so hard but receive so little in return as Amanda has explained in this petition. Every student at WLU deserves proper working areas, teachers, skills and techniques, and compassion for their individual career choice path. Please keep these buildings open as they do matter to us. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Erika de la Cruz