TRO HGV Sutton Bank

Bankjob

/ #58

2015-08-19 21:06

1n the 1990's I used to commute daily to Thirsk and Ripon using Sutton Bank and found the inconvenience caused by blockages so frustrating. I witnessed so many incidents over the years including an articulated lorry laid on its side into the field on the hair pin bend. I only commented today to my passenger whilst travelling up the bank how quickly the trees in that part of the field have grown and what a sensible decision it was by the owners to plant them there! The worst thing for me is actually being stuck on the banks steepest part near the layby and not knowing how long you may be there all the while thinking will the vehicle in front of me roll back into me or should I turn around and head back towards Thirsk and if I do whats the chance of some idiot coming down at speed and smashing into me side on. A couple of weeks ago there was an unvisible problem beyond the steep bit so I hung back with hazard lights on waiting till the steep bit totally cleared of traffic thus avoiding the afore mentioned situation for everyone. This resulted in the impatient cars behind me blindly overtaking me risking head on smashing into cars possibly coming down the hill. The culprits must have thought I had broken down or something but they obviously were aware of the hold up because of the stopped cars that were there as we approached the bank. It really does need sorting and I applaud the Suttonunderwhitestonecliffe PC for attempting to finally do something about it. The problem is never going to go away unless action is taken. Good luck with your efforts.