please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz

/ #775

2015-09-21 09:01

Oz, like other wildlife, can't speak for themselves in unfortunate situations like this, so we have to be their voice. I feel so sad for Sams' family ... they have lost a very special and courageous woman, who did her job and did it well, and ended up losing her life. I can't begin to imagine how hard it is going to be for them, but I know they will be okay. Sam has left a huge legacy behind, and I do know that from having seen the bond that she and Oz had, that she would not have wanted his life to have come to an end. Oz has so much more to accomplish in his life to Hamilton Zoo, and his contribution to the population of the Sumatran Tiger species. At the end of the day, unknown factors occurred that we know nothing about, and Oz followed his natural instinct to protect himself and his territory. As human beings, it is our duty to understand and respect the fact that all wild animals are wild, and while we contain them in zoos, we can't contain who they are and what they are. Oz needed to be saved, and I am so proud of every individual that took a stand in order to ensure Oz continues to live his life with his family at Hamilton Zoo.