please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz.

2015-09-21 07:09

I don't believe the Tiger should be condemned as he is not to blame. Keepers at Zoos are aware of the dangers they could find themselves in when dealing with such animals Please spare the life of this precious creature, They are already struggling to survive.

2015-09-21 07:11

Because we need to save this beautiful endangered animal. Of course it will attack a person they're not a pet. There's a reason for the cage, its not rocket science.
Poor thing!

2015-09-21 07:13

No animal should be put to sleep. Animals dont understand whats happen an can offen be frighten of whats happening.

2015-09-21 07:16

Would you really put down an animal thats doing what there meant to do?
I precariously lost my baby girl Bonnie a dog from protecting her yard (she attacked a dog) she was put to sleep.
This tiger done what is in its nature.
It doesnt deserve to die.
Maybe precautions so it doesnt happen again. But not death.
You dont give a murderer death row so why this tiger?

Precautions always need to be taken.
No matter how well you know the animal.

2015-09-21 07:16

Why would you blame the tiger for doing what tigers do ?

2015-09-21 07:17

This poor baby deserves a second chance, the tiger is a wild animal i feel for the family i really do. But please

2015-09-21 07:22

Its not the tigers fault it is its nature to attack when it feels threatened and Zoo Keepers know this. So sad about the victim though,my hearts goes out to the family.

2015-09-21 07:26

An animal shouldn't be punished for following its natural instincts. It is a wild animal. It is humans who should show the respect required and take precautions. Accidents happen but a life for a life is not the solution

2015-09-21 07:29

The tiger is apex predator in it's environment, it did no more than what was natural to it. If this tragedy leads to the death of Oz then it becomes a double tragedy, one I feel the departed would abhor. It should, however, lead to an urgent overhaul of how Hamilton separates animals during the routine maintenance of spaces. Physical separation can, and MUST, be installed when working with predators.

2015-09-21 07:33

My heart truely goes out to the zoo keepers family; but tigers are supposed to kill their prey. This tiger didn't do anything wrong. And if the zoo keeper was a true lover of animals then I'm guessing he wouldn't have wanted him to be put down either. :-(

2015-09-21 07:34

I believe that it is a wild animal and it was doing what comes naturally.

2015-09-21 07:36

A tiger isn't a pet and we can't expect it to behave like one. So even it is very sad this happened, we should always be aware of the danger and never blame the animal forum its nature.

2015-09-21 07:40

I am sorry to the family who lost someone close to them however it is not the Tigers fault and it is not necessary to kill him.

2015-09-21 07:45

We put it in captivity this is not natural he was doing what wild animals do the zoos safety system should be full proof. It is human error if you have to imprison wild animals you must face these out comes

2015-09-21 07:51

Tigers are wild animals with instinct to kill it's not like a pet all he's done is what they are born to do, I feel sorry for the family but she must have made a mistake, never trust a wild animal in captivity

2015-09-21 08:14

Oz is a wild animal and has a predatory nature. As a former zoo keeper that has worked with lions I know that working with these animals we put our lives at risk by doing so. Precautions are put in place to prevent harm to both the animals and us but if they are not adhered to accidents will happen. It is not the animals fault to attack if given the chance...it is the procedures that need to be looked at and not the animal being put down. This animal is being kept in an adverse environment and acted on instinct. It is not a family pet kept in a neighbourhood that should have been under control by its owners. My thoughts and prayers go out to the keepers family and friends. The zoo needs to take responsibility for this incident as it should never had happened.

2015-09-21 08:17

My heartfelt feelings for this lady and her family at this very tragic incident but I am sure that she would not want this totally unfortunate accident to result in OZ being put down

2015-09-21 08:18

The tiger was only doing what came naturally. We are part of the food chain like it or not. How many people are killed by motor cars ? Do we "put down " alll motor vehicles ?

2015-09-21 08:20

this is ridiculous! He is a wild animal and humans should realise that and act accordingly.

2015-09-21 08:28

Tigers cannot make conscious decisions what's right or wrong.

2015-09-21 08:33

It's not his fault for the attack my thoughts to the passionate ladies family but far they should be in there habitat nobody takes you from your home and put on show its bullshit if he dies

2015-09-21 08:33

Because its Animals instinct

2015-09-21 08:39

It's not a pet cat! I would feel no sympathyor empathy with with the deceased zoo attendant or her family if the predatory animal was murdered by the zoo officials! If anything, set the tiger free or send it to another zoo. DO NOT KILL A TIGER IN CAPTIVITY - you are sick for even considering it

2015-09-21 08:57

Do not kill an endangered animal. You uneducated brutes 

2015-09-21 09:01

Oz, like other wildlife, can't speak for themselves in unfortunate situations like this, so we have to be their voice. I feel so sad for Sams' family ... they have lost a very special and courageous woman, who did her job and did it well, and ended up losing her life. I can't begin to imagine how hard it is going to be for them, but I know they will be okay. Sam has left a huge legacy behind, and I do know that from having seen the bond that she and Oz had, that she would not have wanted his life to have come to an end. Oz has so much more to accomplish in his life to Hamilton Zoo, and his contribution to the population of the Sumatran Tiger species. At the end of the day, unknown factors occurred that we know nothing about, and Oz followed his natural instinct to protect himself and his territory. As human beings, it is our duty to understand and respect the fact that all wild animals are wild, and while we contain them in zoos, we can't contain who they are and what they are. Oz needed to be saved, and I am so proud of every individual that took a stand in order to ensure Oz continues to live his life with his family at Hamilton Zoo.