Save Our Royal Mail Delivery Offices

/ #175 Save Our Royal Mail Delivery Offices

2016-09-05 12:45

This proposal can only detrimentally affect
Businesses and residential users who are currently served by their local Marple
or Bredbury Royal Mail Sorting offices and I would question how the proposal would enable Royal Mail to fulfill it's current service level agreements on postal deliveries. My reasons for believing this would be the case are:-

• less effective working time due to additional 'within shift' journeys resulting in less mail delivered and more mail undelivered in a day therefore creating poorer service and backlog.

• the accumulative effect of the above set against service level obligations

• need to create local collection points makes no sense when this facility is already provided by the two existing sites at Marple and Bredbury.

I doubt the proposal will save money long term due to the need for more staff and longer working hours and additional travel time expenses in order to meet service level obligations.

In addition to the above service issues, the proposal would also create more journeys to a location which does not have good/direct public transport connections and which has totally inadequate parking. These being major considerations for both Royal Mail staff and for businesses and residential users having to access Green Lane instead of Marple or Bredbury Sorting Office.