Save Our Royal Mail Delivery Offices

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Our Royal Mail Delivery Offices.

2016-09-03 07:09

Keeping the sorting office makes life easier and it's nice to see familiar faces when collecting my parcels. Always a great service why stop that?! Keep Marple sorting office open

2016-09-03 07:56

It's unthinkable that we should lose these delivery offices. Apart from increasing the traffic volume and parking problems if one has to drive to Stockport what about the carless/elderly who would have to carry (maybe heavy) parcels to and from the bus?

2016-09-03 08:48

As a marple resident I would hate to see the sorting office go. I cannot get to green Lane office

2016-09-03 09:15

Please please please don't close down bredbury!!

2016-09-03 09:54

Marple is my local post office an it's very important to our community that it stays open for our elderly residents an the non drivers of our community

2016-09-03 11:57

I use the Bredbury sorting office a lot. It is an excellent service they run there.

2016-09-03 12:03

Green lane is much to far to expect people to go to collect their mail. Especially the elderly and vulnerable

2016-09-03 13:42

We frequently have to collect undelivered post, often on the way to work, & it would be much more difficult, if not impossible, to get to Stockport to collect it, especially during working hours.

2016-09-03 15:35

My parter is a postman at the Marple Office, having moved from Cheadle. He says that Marple office is a lovely office to work for, and he enjoys his rounds to Marple.
In my opinion as a local to Marple, it would be frustrating if it were to move to Stockport, as there is no parking at the Stockport collection office, there is almost always a que & it's a difficult location to get too! What about the elderly people who will be forced into getting two buses & a long wait at the post office to collect an item. Or the staff who can't drive. Bus passes will cost them £13.50 per week, and a two bus journey? Surely that can't be deemed as fair! Not to mention bus times, for members of staff to get to Stockport office, they'll have to set off much earlier and get to work way before they're due to start due to bus times.
It's a disgrace for this move to be proposed to 'save money'. Having a local Royal Mail is a credit to Marple, well done Mr Wragg for supporting the campaign!

2016-09-03 15:44

A friend of my Nanna's has signed this petition and I believe that in support of said friend she would herself sign this petition, so I do so on her behalf.

2016-09-03 16:39

I use this post office depot weekly.

2016-09-03 16:51

Local post office delivery centres are essential to local communities, and the loss of these services would affect a great deal of people in the Bredbury and Marple area. The Green Lane site also has insufficient parking facilities to be a viable alternative site

2016-09-03 16:52

The hours i work i am not at home during the day and if I need to collect any parcels I can only get them early in the morning if I had to go to Stockport I would not be able to collect them before going to work without taking time off work

2016-09-03 17:53

I live in Romiley. Both my husband and I work. To get any undelivered mail from Bredbury Sorting Office is convenient and can be done by either of us on our way from work. Should it close, we will have to make special trips into Stockport. More than likely of a weekend. Round trips, to collect post- say goodbye to a couple of hours!! Like everyone else, weekends are for family, shopping, friends, children etc. Not collecting post and getting stuck in traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2016-09-03 20:03

Marple is generally an elderly population. Many would struggle having to get to Stockport sorting office which isn't even in a convienent location in Stockport!!!

2016-09-04 13:28

Because it is ridiculous to expect people to travel that far from Marple to collect parcels and post. Also unfair for the workers to inflict extra travel when they get up early enough as it is.

2016-09-04 14:32

Ultimately this will increase postal costs, keep post local!!
Cdow

#168 Just my opinion.

2016-09-04 19:03

Why couldn't undelivered mail/parcels be collected from the local post office branch instead?

Maybe if they could save some money in places they could then keep sorting offices open.

Maybe rather than having posties that finish at a set time rather than finishing once job done yet still being paid would save money.

It seems common for some to finish 2 to 3 hrs early yet be paid. Why couldn't they stay till there finish time like most people would and maybe do redeliverys etc. Or if they do go early then they only get paid till actual finish time.

Maybe also give the staff new uniforms from time to time also.

There is some with shirts that look like they never been washed.

Anyway I would agree with saving them but maybe try to be more cost effective to make it viable. Yeau sure some staff will get annoyed but end of day plenty more people out there wanting jobs.

2016-09-04 19:43

This is a crazy proposal to expect Bredbury and Marple residents to get to Stockport to collect undeliverable mail. The road traffic is so heavy that it simply won't happen. I will not be choosing to order items by Royal Mail if this happens.

2016-09-04 21:56

How do they expect disabled people or the elderly who can't get out much to get their parcel never mind how many people will be put out of a job

2016-09-04 22:15

We need to save marple office. Will be a very bad move by Royal Mail for all residents and staff to have to use Stockport office.
Very inconvenient.

2016-09-04 22:24

Cannot reach stockport depot

2016-09-05 08:47

Keep collection points for local areas in that area.
This proposal is going reduce service, inconvenience everyone and add to traffic
congestion.
A true " no brainier"!

2016-09-05 11:42

The collection of parcels, signed for items etc from the sorting office is a vital part of the post office service that would become extremely difficult for locals in Marple.

#175 Save Our Royal Mail Delivery Offices

2016-09-05 12:45

This proposal can only detrimentally affect
Businesses and residential users who are currently served by their local Marple
or Bredbury Royal Mail Sorting offices and I would question how the proposal would enable Royal Mail to fulfill it's current service level agreements on postal deliveries. My reasons for believing this would be the case are:-

• less effective working time due to additional 'within shift' journeys resulting in less mail delivered and more mail undelivered in a day therefore creating poorer service and backlog.

• the accumulative effect of the above set against service level obligations

• need to create local collection points makes no sense when this facility is already provided by the two existing sites at Marple and Bredbury.

I doubt the proposal will save money long term due to the need for more staff and longer working hours and additional travel time expenses in order to meet service level obligations.

In addition to the above service issues, the proposal would also create more journeys to a location which does not have good/direct public transport connections and which has totally inadequate parking. These being major considerations for both Royal Mail staff and for businesses and residential users having to access Green Lane instead of Marple or Bredbury Sorting Office.