NMMU PETITION: Unlawful Protests violating our Right to Education

/ #41

2016-09-27 07:26

I signed this petition because I am a final year student and I am so close to finishing my degree that I have worked so hard for over the past few years. I have one exam that I need to write which was scheduled for the 27th October 2016. I have gone ahead making plans to secure a job, a dream job which I might add and planned to start the 1st of November since I would be done with university. Very few employers will actually grant you a job so soon after finishing varsity with no experience but to have this happen, and on top of it follow my dream is something that made me so happy. I am however now so confused, angry and frustrated that a small minority are holding me back from this dream. I just with negotiations could take place on the side so we can go back to class and writing tests. I am also not from PE and have a contract with my landlord, I will be forced to find other accommodation should the protests continue into the new academic year as rumour has it. This will be very costly to my family. These protesters are holding me back from my dreams.