Суд над Бхагавад-гитой / Attempt to ban Bhagavad-gita

/ #5684

2011-12-20 19:09

Applying the Bhagavad-Gita today.

Why should I bother with the Bhagavad-Gita?
How does it apply to me today?

What is the Bhagavad-Gita?

The Bhagavad-Gita is the only word of God in person. It is the conversation between a man called Arjuna and God himself in the human form, Lord Krishna. The conversation took place in Kurukshetra (India), more than 5000 years ago.

Arjuna was a typical person in the material world. He was in a dilemma as he was forgetful of his real duties in life. Therefore Krishna spoke the sacred teachings of the Bhagavad-Gita for the upliftment and purification of Arjuna and all humanity.

Life is a War

This world is full of suffering for everyone, either today or tomorrow, know-one can escape pain and suffering. Especially in the current age, which is called Kali Yuga. Which literally means the dark ages. The age of ignorance and irreligion. The result of ignorance and irreligion is pain and suffering.

Suffering is caused by Nature in the form of natural disasters like flooding, earthquakes, droughts, crop failures, and so on. Suffering caused by other humans, like terrorists. Suffering caused by personal relationship with others, like marital problems, brother/ friend/family problems and suffering caused by work/business problems and so on.

Whether you are Bill Gates, the President, or a dog on the street. Life is full of calamities and anxiety. And even if you get through this life with fewer problems. You have to go through the whole thing (life), millions of times. In one life you will be the CEO and in another life you will be a dog and so on for millions of life times.

Ignorance, materialism, lust, greed, and violence, represents the soldiers on the opposing side in our war.

Everyone is experiencing turmoil and confusion in their lives, the result of which is living a lusty, materialist, and ignorant life, a wasted rare human birth.
Read more...

Everyday we are faced with decisions in our lives

Shall I do this or do that?
Will he/she be ok?
Shall I buy now or wait?
How much shall I spend?
When will I do it?
When will I go?
Which should I choose?
Who should I choose?
When will I retire?
Will it work out?

And so on…..

The real enemy of Arjuna was his mind rather than the soldiers on the other side. We are faced with the same situation. Our own mind is the greatest enemy, which is constantly tricking us into thinking that life is all about material enjoyment and sense gratification. Everyday we are faced with decisions, which will affect our future. Thus everyday is a battle with ignorance, materialism, lust, greed, and anger. If we can win the daily battles for some time then we have entered into spiritual life and the war over ignorance, materialism, lust, greed, and anger has been won. And at the end of this life we will enter into the kingdom of God with eternal spiritual life.

In order for us to win our war, we need the same knowledge that Arjuna was given by Lord Krishna. The Bhagavad-Gita.

By understanding the Bhagavad-Gita, the decisions we make in everyday life will alter our lives for the better and the result will be peace and happiness even in this life. And after this life there is guaranteed eternal peace for those who understand and practice the Bhagavad-Gita. If we don’t have the knowledge of the Bhagavad-Gita than all our decisions are simply based on speculation and thus the result will be speculative. Sometimes the decision we made earlier will turn out to be correct, and sometimes incorrect. More often our speculative decisions will turn out to be wrong and we will continue with a life of ignorance, materialism, lust, greed, and anger. At the time of death if we have a materialist mindset then we will once again have to go through this hellish life with all the problems. We may even fall down again into the animal kingdom and then have to go through 8 million births before we get another human birth.

By understanding and practicing the principles outlined in the Bhagavad-Gita we can minimize the affects, control, and avoid some of the problematic situations in our life.

The Problems in Our Lives

Your spouse may be cheating you
Your spouse may not be happy
Your marriage may end at any time
You may lose your job at any time
Your business may go down at any time
You may be kicked out of your house at any time
Your savings will run out at any time
Your health may deteriorate at any time
You may develop cancer at any time
You may catch AIDS at any time

Your children may become diseased at any time
Your loved one may die at any time

And so on..

The above list of decisions and problems are real and affects everyone. The Bhagavad-Gita can truly help us all overcome the complexities of material life.

What Difference Will The Bhagavad-Gita Make?

Whether you understand and practice the Bhagavad-Gita or not will make a significant difference to your current lifestyle and the next. If you think life is all about mating, eating and enjoying, then your next body will be in the animal kingdom and then your life will be to simply eat, sleep, mate, and defend. If you like exposing your body to others then your next body will be that of a tree and you will be able to stand naked in one place for thousands of years, exposed to all. If you eat anything and everything then your next body will be that of a hog who eats anything and everything, including stool.