Суд над Бхагавад-гитой / Attempt to ban Bhagavad-gita

/ #5689

2011-12-20 19:13

5. Does the Bhagavad-Gita preach that those who don’t follow it go to hell?

No.

One of the differences between the Bhagavad-Gita and the non-Vedic scriptures is that the God of the Bhagavad-Gita is a responsible, mature, loving, and caring person. He is neither a bully, hater, curser, or childish.
“I hate no one. I am equal to all living beings…" (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.29)
“…One who has no enemies among all living beings comes to me.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 11.55)
“One who is compassionate to all living beings … - These are some of the qualities of those born with divine nature.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 16.1-3)

The fact that the people of various religions exist is simple proof that it’s God’s will they exist, because God is the creator of everything and everyone.

I have come across many in my life who say I will go to hell because I don’t follow their religion. They think that God made a mistake by creating those who don’t follow their religion. They clearly don’t understand that God is full control, infallible, and the father of all living beings and thus all living beings are brothers and sisters.
“I am transcendental, beyond the fallible and infallible, and because I am the greatest, I am celebrated as the Supreme person, on the material, and spiritual planets, and in the Vedas.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 15.18)