Суд над Бхагавад-гитой / Attempt to ban Bhagavad-gita

/ #5697

2011-12-20 19:17

41. Is Krishna a mean God?

By reading the non-Vedic scriptures, one would think that God is very mean and merciless, because he sends people to eternal hell, burns people, and orders his followers to hate others and so on.

The real God is loving and responsible. He would not make such irresponsible statements. Lord Krishna is the real God and he is loving, merciful and forgiving. He does not bully or hate anyone, nor does he order his followers to hate others. Krishna is nice. He is equal to all living beings because they are his children, and he loves all his children. Krishna advises his followers to be friendly to all living beings.
“I hate no one. I am equal to all living beings…" (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 9.29)
“…One who has no enemies among all living beings comes to me.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 11.55)
“One who is compassionate to all living beings … - These are some of the qualities of those born with divine nature.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 16.1-3)
“One who does not hate anyone; is friendly and compassionate to all living beings; shares his belongings with others; has no sense of ownership; free from ego; even-minded in both happiness and distress; forgiving; tolerant in all situations; always satisfied; worships me with determination and devotion. Such a person is very dear to me.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 12.13-14)