Суд над Бхагавад-гитой / Attempt to ban Bhagavad-gita

/ #5699

2011-12-20 19:19

48. Does Krishna ask Arjuna to fight?

Yes.
“Always think of me [Krishna] and at the same time do your duty of fighting. Surrender your mind and intelligence unto me and surely you will attain me without a doubt.” (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 8.7)

Krishna is asking Arjuna to do this duty of fighting, because Arjuna is a soldier in the military and thus it’s his job to fight when there is a war. For the civilians, we have to do our duty according to our occupation and at the same time think of Krishna.

Krishna was on the side that did not want to fight, he was on the side that wanted peace, but he told Arjuna to fight as the other side wanted war and when there are two sides, with one wanting war. Then there will be war and thus Krishna asked Arjuna to fight. Arjuna was the good guy and on the opposing side were the bad guys.

If you read all the history books, you will learn that so many races of people have existed in the past and except for the Vedic race of people, all other races have become extinct within a few hundred years or at most a few thousand years. Only those who are on the side of Krishna are eternal, all others are temporary. The Romans, ancient Egyptians, ancient Greeks, Mayans, and so many other races have become extinct.

The followers of the Lord Ram Chandra, an incarnation of Lord Krishna, lived around 2 million years and they still exist today. 5000 years ago, Lord Krishna spoke the Bhagavad-Gita, and the followers of Lord Krishna still exist today. This is simple proof that the followers of Lord Krishna are eternal.
“My devotees become righteous, attain lasting peace, and never perish. “Lord Krishna (Bhagavad-Gita 9.31)

49. If Krishna is God then why didn’t he destroy the other side?

Krishna is God and he could instantly kill all the soldiers on the other side with just one glance, but he didn’t do this, because he doesn’t interfere with our free will, which is given by him. Otherwise there is no point in human existence. Being human means we have free will, which we can use properly or misuse.

Based on the actions taken by Arjuna and his opponent Duryodhana, they will have to face the reactions to their actions. Which in this case resulted in war. Krishna approached Duryodhana and asked him to settle the land dispute peacefully but he refused and declared war. So then Krishna offered to help both sides, one side can choose his army and the other side can choose him as an adviser. This is free will, which we all have.

Duryodhana choose the army of Krishna as he thought by having more men he would win the war. Arjuna was very eager for Krishna himself as an adviser, as he thought to have God is better than everything else. Krishna was God but he was playing the role of a Prince and thus he had an army, all Princes had armies in ancient times. Arjuna knew that Krishna was God even before hearing the Bhagavad-Gita.

Only a few people knew that Krishna was God, even though Krishna very clearly proved that he was the greatest person. Even today, out of the 6.5 billion people in the World, less than 1 billion may have heard about the greatness of Krishna, and only a few hundred million know for sure that Krishna is the one and only God.

We can select the President or the Prime Minister of a country, but God himself selects those who can know him, very few, as God is not so cheap.
“Out of thousands of persons, one will strive for spiritual self-realization, and among the strivers, someone may know me. (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 7.3)