Save Nu107 FM's rock music-oriented programming format!!!

Nathaniel Ortiz

/ #339 END OF DAYS

2010-11-07 01:25

Ok so this is how the world ends...by slowly cutting all the essential roots of Pinoyrock culture in this dying land. Issues on music piracy, commercial business funding, corporate direction, money matter issues, maturity +growing up and facing the fact that everything in this earth is temporary as condoms - came to its final toll. This is clearly the direction of this rat race life which is clearly depicted in your very television screens – rockstars are literally found in your daily soap operas and junkie T.V. shows. Marc Abaya’s tattoos can be seen in a Judyann or La Greta soap, Dyugi of Itchywoorms is found sarcastically in a Noontime Show, Rico Blanco’s Universe can be seen in Imortal. Atenista rockers definitely have a fallback aside from music. Talent and the right connections really come hand in hand. I don’t want to mention these other pseudo-rockers constantly vieved in t.v. but hey - theyare at least doing some “influencing” on the younger audience(i hope in a better rock direction in the passing years not stuck in bubblegum squire music): Yeng Constantion, Kean and Tutti(at least this guy’s legit) Lastly, the great visionary Lourd de Veyra’s prophetic verses came to real life. This is definitely Reality t.v. at its best: Now he’s working on Manny Pangilinan’s Channel(“gusto ko ng baboy”) and predicted NU107’s death (“nagsimula sa wala darating din sa wala”)
NU has always been my only constant connection to my childhood and adolescent years. The basic reason they always give you is that “the only permanent thing is change”...but hey fuck that! In this rock era wherein every 5 yrs there’s a new rock trend or genre is born, re-hashed or resurrected, NU has been a living testimony to this-be it Grunge, Britpop, Rap-metal, Nu-Metal, Post Hardcore, Garage Revival, Emo does everything need changing? Why fix something when it’s not broke? Or is NU really broke? Who know except he Gods above.
Anway i’ve felt the same thing when Music Bureau ended in Ch.5, when MTV’s Para Boss died, MXY Halu-halo’s demise, Tado & Erning’s Strange Brew(also featuring Ramon Bautista), hell even when Sang Linggo na Po Sila’s Doon Po sa Jamming died, when everything essentially rock closed doors-Club Dredd in Cubao, L.A.105, Recto’s Nizzle Dazzle, Tower Records& Muisc1 outlets everywhere....now NU 107, what’s next Pulp magazine?..most probably.
And the best of this 23-year run: I’ll miss Francis Reyes’s “more than a rockstar” wisdom(discovered and built too many good talents in the business), the fun times with the Not Radio Crew, Zack & Joey’s, (and) Trish’s morning memories, the Rocked Team...this is an era’s end., a great one. Record collecting came to it’s end. Pop won! B.o.b, Justin Beiber, Lady Gaga, American idol triumphed... ipod and mp3 players succeeded! We are doomed!!! There’s no future....

SVE NU NOW!!!