Save Nu107 FM's rock music-oriented programming format!!!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Nu107 FM's rock music-oriented programming format!!! .

lhen

#326 save rock and roll please

2010-11-06 17:15

there are so many pop stations already!
John Mesina

2010-11-06 17:18

NU107 is totally different from the other stations. It's the only one of it's kind. Napakasakit para sa amin na mawala ang stasyon na ito. There are a lot of great bands here and abroad pero bale wala lahat ang galing nila kung wala ang NU. Sa NU ko lang sila narinig lahat. Sana, bumalik ang NU. Alam ko, babalik ang NU.
Nina Canonero

#328 sad

2010-11-06 18:26

i'm so out of touch, NU will be changing their format. sad. it has finally come to this. i remember listening to "zack and joey" every morning on the way to school. not to mention "remote control weekend"- nung di pa uso yung magdownload ng music online. really sad. fuck those corporate culprits. sucking the life out of us.
Nina C.

#329 sad

2010-11-06 18:27

i'm so out of touch, NU will be changing their format. sad. it has finally come to this. i remember listening to "zack and joey" every morning on the way to school. not to mention "remote control weekend"- nung di pa uso yung magdownload ng music online. really sad. fuck those corporate culprits. sucking the life out of us.
nick salao

2010-11-06 20:41

Save NU107!
JVI

#331 Sama ng Loob

2010-11-06 23:57

I was a listener of NU all throughout my high school and college years, especially yung Metal Madness, na nagpapatugtog ng underground foreign and local bands. Naging masama ang loob ko nung inalis nila yun dahil sa minor reformat, however I remained a loyal listener, kasi sa mga tugtog lang nila ako at ease (but i admit listening to the mass-oriented stations, in some instances though).

Pero ngayong sinusulat ko ang comment na ito ay ilang oras na lang at wala na ang NU sa ere, mas sumama ngayon ang loob ko.

Anyways, thank you NU for Metal Madness, madami akong bandang nakilala. Most of all thank you for being the only FM station which gave rock and metal diehards their place in the sun.

RAK EN ROL! \m/
Rongie Faustino

#332 Bahay ng Bagong Bato

2010-11-07 01:03

Wala nang iba.
Hrbs Valderia

#333 Save NU's Format!

2010-11-07 01:04

No one else does radio like NU does. Changing it will destroy what has been a tried and true formula that defined generations of rock for 23 years.
lady padilla

2010-11-07 01:10

i love listening to NU107 .. pls .... continue on playing ..
Sia Valderia

#335 Keep NU running!

2010-11-07 01:10

NU's the only station that would play tunes longer than the standard radio format. It was also the only one to feature OSTs through The Reel Score. In the raw is great for discovering new bands and acting as a sort of musical workshop for those who show promise, but need a bit of polishing. No other radio station has done this to the level that NU has.

2010-11-07 01:11

hai naku.. pro baduy na station nalang ba matitira ......
Alexander Sierra

#337 Ang bahay ng Bagong Bato

2010-11-07 01:20

Short but simple

its been 15 years na akong nakikinig sa NU 107, araw araw umaga hanggang gabi sa NU107 lang nakaset ang component ko sa bahay, i've been a loner in high school, not a popular student, choosen rejects but "NU 107 defined my childhood, teenage years and now my Adulthood" so please save NU 107 ang bahay ng bagong bato
xiansantos

#338 Don't go mainstream.

2010-11-07 01:24

To the new NU107 management: Going mainstream pop is a dumb move. You're giving up your niche to compete with the rest of the herd. What can you offer that other stations can't?
Nathaniel Ortiz

#339 END OF DAYS

2010-11-07 01:25

Ok so this is how the world ends...by slowly cutting all the essential roots of Pinoyrock culture in this dying land. Issues on music piracy, commercial business funding, corporate direction, money matter issues, maturity +growing up and facing the fact that everything in this earth is temporary as condoms - came to its final toll. This is clearly the direction of this rat race life which is clearly depicted in your very television screens – rockstars are literally found in your daily soap operas and junkie T.V. shows. Marc Abaya’s tattoos can be seen in a Judyann or La Greta soap, Dyugi of Itchywoorms is found sarcastically in a Noontime Show, Rico Blanco’s Universe can be seen in Imortal. Atenista rockers definitely have a fallback aside from music. Talent and the right connections really come hand in hand. I don’t want to mention these other pseudo-rockers constantly vieved in t.v. but hey - theyare at least doing some “influencing” on the younger audience(i hope in a better rock direction in the passing years not stuck in bubblegum squire music): Yeng Constantion, Kean and Tutti(at least this guy’s legit) Lastly, the great visionary Lourd de Veyra’s prophetic verses came to real life. This is definitely Reality t.v. at its best: Now he’s working on Manny Pangilinan’s Channel(“gusto ko ng baboy”) and predicted NU107’s death (“nagsimula sa wala darating din sa wala”)
NU has always been my only constant connection to my childhood and adolescent years. The basic reason they always give you is that “the only permanent thing is change”...but hey fuck that! In this rock era wherein every 5 yrs there’s a new rock trend or genre is born, re-hashed or resurrected, NU has been a living testimony to this-be it Grunge, Britpop, Rap-metal, Nu-Metal, Post Hardcore, Garage Revival, Emo does everything need changing? Why fix something when it’s not broke? Or is NU really broke? Who know except he Gods above.
Anway i’ve felt the same thing when Music Bureau ended in Ch.5, when MTV’s Para Boss died, MXY Halu-halo’s demise, Tado & Erning’s Strange Brew(also featuring Ramon Bautista), hell even when Sang Linggo na Po Sila’s Doon Po sa Jamming died, when everything essentially rock closed doors-Club Dredd in Cubao, L.A.105, Recto’s Nizzle Dazzle, Tower Records& Muisc1 outlets everywhere....now NU 107, what’s next Pulp magazine?..most probably.
And the best of this 23-year run: I’ll miss Francis Reyes’s “more than a rockstar” wisdom(discovered and built too many good talents in the business), the fun times with the Not Radio Crew, Zack & Joey’s, (and) Trish’s morning memories, the Rocked Team...this is an era’s end., a great one. Record collecting came to it’s end. Pop won! B.o.b, Justin Beiber, Lady Gaga, American idol triumphed... ipod and mp3 players succeeded! We are doomed!!! There’s no future....

SVE NU NOW!!!
Bernard Tubigan

#340 ROCK MUSIC LOVERS UNITE!

2010-11-07 01:54

I've been listening to your station ever since I knew ROck Music and I want to listen to rock music until I cease to exist. A lot of rock music listeners out there will be sad of you guys shutting down. Hoping this decision could be change.

#341 LONG LIVE NU!!!!

2010-11-07 01:58

Don't let this station be like LA105 which used to be cool, but after their reformat turned to crap....
Patrick Orduna

#342 Bring back the old times Zach and Joey

2010-11-07 02:23

NU Home of New Rock
Maynard Chua

2010-11-07 02:57

dont let rock die!!!
samuel ragay

#344 ORIGINAL PILIPINO MUSIC

2010-11-07 05:37

sa nu mo lang maririnig ang totoong original pilipino music na sariling composisyon ng mga totoong artist,,, i want that the next generation na may marinig silang music na totoo at hindi dahil commercialized ang pagkagawa,

2010-11-07 07:12

nu107 is only the radio station that supports indie opm rock. please support
Rouke Garcia

2010-11-07 07:14

Nu107 should maintain its rock-oriented programming format because it stands out among the other stations who play cliche, over and over pop, hip-hop, etc. music. Please stay the same, a lot of the station's listeners will be disappointed if you change its programming format. Long Live Rock! Long Live Nu107! Thank you.
ggboy

#347 MAINSTREAM sucks

2010-11-07 09:58

for sure it's for worse..
charone aiza bernas

#348 this is bullshit!!

2010-11-07 09:59

pardon my french but i grew up listening to NU. it consumed most of my adolescent years and still is part of who i am. dramatic crap, yes, but i don't care. NU played the soundtrack of my life. it's like losing 3/4 of my existence. i found my heroes here. my life became dedicated to music because they woke up the art in me. this is already part of my persona. PLEASE PLEASE DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN. it's just downright tragic.
jemma pineda-german

#349 long live nu rock!

2010-11-07 11:57

nu107 is THE one radio station that does not deserve to close down and be reformatted! save the home of nu rock!
Christian Mateo

#350 another decent radio station in Manila is off the air!!!

2010-11-07 15:56

THIS IS VERY TRAGIC!!!! SO LONG NU107!!!