Support Filipino Sign Language Act of 2012 - House Bill 6079

/ #78 Re: Re: Re:

2012-10-29 21:36

#72: - Re: Re:

Yes! during the congressional hearing on FSL bill last oct 16 the deped-sped declared that they have been using SEE as medium of instructions for years in public schools even through there is an existing 1997 sped guidelines mandating the use of FSL as medium of instruction..

If you can read and understand my msg you will see that what i mean is that the use of SEE for years resulted on producing garduates with poor english reading and writting skills..I have been Deaf all my life and practically surrounded by Deaf people most of my life so how will i not know?..Do you mean hearing people like you knows how to be Deaf better than us the real Deaf people?..You are welcome to come in our community and find out all the evidence that you need..

Excuse me! FSL have been around during the spanish era as documented by friars from Dulac leyte..In modern times we have conducted a National Sign Language Committee study during the time of Sec Raul Roco which have results in 54% of the respondents claimed FSL as their prefferred language, in those times there is still no existing FSL advocacy yet awareness on FSL is prevalent through out the country..As a result of this studies 1997 SPED guidelines mandated the use of FSL as medium of instruction in Deaf education..

If you want more studies and facts you can visit anytime the PDRC and PFD office..there are also existing publications in the internet..

As a parting word, DEAF PEOPLE LIKE US HAVE LONG ENDURED HEARING SOLUTIONS FOR THE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAF PROBLEM BUT NOTHING IS WORKING, IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT A DEAF SOLUTION TO THE DEAF PROBLEM BE IMPLEMENTED