Support Filipino Sign Language Act of 2012 - House Bill 6079

Angel

/ #101 Re: Re: Re:

2012-11-02 08:34

#72: - Re: Re:

"Special Education Division that they have been using SEE as medium of instructions for years in all pubic schools as a result they have been producing graduates with poor English reading and writting skills shouldn't be the blame put to SEE not FSL?.."

POOR ENGLISH READING and WRITING SKILLS?? Where did you get this information from result??? You should prove it to us! How can they understand the words than visualizing the pictures? I know you never view as perspective of Deaf students that's why there are some problems with understanding and reading. I know you believe SEE what you can use, fine. How can you solve their problems from understanding the words? You need to give more visualizing the words.

I would give my tips to you what I can suggest you.

Four Kinds of stratergies how to process understanding.

Step 1: "Visualizing" the pictures

Step 2: "Listening or speaking" (using visual sign languages and of course, can be oralism  language) possible you can patiently communicate with Deaf students if they can understand and using Filipino Sign Language

Step 3: "Reading" (using storytelling include performances like action [e.g. dance, singing, drama, etc])

Step 4: "writing" (they can develop their skills how to write since they can understand from Step one to three. :D)