Petition for the August 1st Calendar

Quoted post

#596 Re: Bartlett's quote

2011-03-02 20:02

#576: - Bartlett's quote 

How many days has Bartlett been out of her classroom? Over 35 I have been told.  I guess that is why she doesn't feel that teachers need a break. Well...most teachers don't take days off  from teaching  to  work another job. Sounds like she does.

She doesn't work in Cobb County. I am sure that she took advantage of the Fall and WInter Break to go herself and her children to dentists and dr. appoints. Bartlett needs to be held accountable for her  actions and comments. She is not a true representative of hard working parents and teachers. Is she on some kind of power trip?  Does this new board really care about the teachers and students, or a few people who want longer summers? What is the point of longer summers. Studies has found that students do better with more frequent breaks not longer ones. Lets keep this petition going and get it to the proper authorities to shake this board up and out!

Replies

#597 Re: Re: Bartlett's quote

2011-03-02 20:13:34

#596: Guest - Re: Bartlett's quote 

A refreshing break from teaching is surely why Chair Bartlett took the position.  CCSD Board chair is a piece of cake.

Apparently some teachers don't think that they and their peers are able to serve in board positions and hold a day job.

Who specifically told you that she has missed 35 days?  Catty? Rumor-mongering? or Truth?  In any case what she does with her employer isn't CC business.

"I am sure that she took advantage of the Fall and WInter Break to go herself and her children to dentists and dr. appoints."   What specifically makes you so sure?  I thought her break week was cancelled to address snow days.

"proper authorities"  - just who would this be?