Hands Off Hartlebury Common

Quoted post

2011-06-02 00:44

This common is one of the few places locally where us non landowners can walk unrestricted and enjoy 'natural' countryside. I say 'natural' because I subscribe to the view that the common is evolving in a natural way and should be left to evolve without interference. Surely the purpose of an area such as the common is to encourage the public to engage with it? This is done by feet on the ground. Will I be walking my dog on a lead through cattle with my 6 yr old son? No! I am very aware of the dangers of dogs in the vicinity of cattle. So we will be effectively banned from this common. No longer will my son be able to engage in the wildlife, vegetation and fauna which is so abundant on the common. Another example of those elected to protect out interests failing to look after the interests of the electorate.

Replies

steve mccarron

#20 Re:

2011-06-02 03:08:43

#19: -

Thank you so much for leaving your comment. It is heartning because I am working hard to reverse what I am constntly told is the irreversible. This cannot be allowed to happen, for the sake of our children, for the sake of our friends and the wider community.

Please, please, please tell everybody you can about this impending disaster. This place is the most valuble space open to the common person, locally and abroad, lets have a cessation of this butchery now. Support me  and I promise I will do all I can to stop this.

steve McCarron