town of hawkesbury on canada

Quoted post

2013-12-16 14:28

I believe this is not the right approach to have the town council reducing taxes, first thing to do is build a committe of citizens ,such commitee shall have the ambition to set meetings to let people know. Private assembly in each sector of town, meeting in private home in each couple of street in Hawkesbury. Time to reduce taxes will be next election

Richard Radford,
726 rejane Hawkesbury,
K6A2K6

Replies

#104 Re: in response to guest #101

2013-12-16 18:31:20

#101: -  

It's not just about lowering the taxes. Why should we have to assemble a committee of citizens when we PAY ALOT for people who are "hired" and  supposed to be doing it. We might as well get them out and do it ourselves for free. I bet we'd save a few bucks there!!! a few hundred thou!!

It's about all those things being done that are not in our favor. Maybe the Mayor isn't just as lucid as we might think. Or is there just too many "FRIENDS" in the workplace? He seems to have forgotten that he works for US and not the opposite. Anyways, one thing is for sure, he and other "friends" will not be around on the next voting.

It's about time people stood up for themselves. Are we being slowly drawn into dictatorship? Wake up people!!

Stella

#112 Author of petition

2013-12-17 15:37:58

#101: -

In reply to your comment, I must say I applause the author of this petition.........................he is the first person I have ever been aware of who has made a direct effort to provide changes to the tax situation in Hawkesbury. I APPLAUSE him, and as for you, why don't you make a direct effort and create a town council!