town of hawkesbury on canada

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition town of hawkesbury on canada.

2013-12-16 14:28

I believe this is not the right approach to have the town council reducing taxes, first thing to do is build a committe of citizens ,such commitee shall have the ambition to set meetings to let people know. Private assembly in each sector of town, meeting in private home in each couple of street in Hawkesbury. Time to reduce taxes will be next election

Richard Radford,
726 rejane Hawkesbury,
K6A2K6

Tired of this bullshit

#102 Mr.Mayor open your eyes

2013-12-16 18:03

After all these comments you should realise that there is a big issue here. Yes middle class people have to work hard for their money. And Hawkesbury is not improving at all. Instead it is deteorating. Even if there are new stores you need people to buy stuff. And it will not be the people who have a budget or lost their jobs. Another thing I forgot to mentioned in previous comments. People who don't have children or children are married and long gone why would they still be paying for school taxes??? Hello???I am out of school since 1985 and my parents still pay for this. And I don't have kids either and have to pay for the same thing. What we pay for everyone who has kids??? Some have kids and not working so this is where my money goes? Wow it is not fair at all. The streets of Hawkesbury were supposed to be fixed a couple of years ago if you pass on Lansdowne you better get ready to rock'n'roll or do slalom to prevent any damage to your car and same thing with other streets. In reality people who owns houses have to pay for people who don't know what it is to go to work every day and have a budget. Hawkesbury is not what it used to be. And I am telling you that I would not be suprised if a lot of houses go on the market. But unfortunately who will buy these houses when there are no jobs and taxes are way too high!!

2013-12-16 18:23

We will remember those expensive "Berthiaume Years"

#104 Re: in response to guest #101

2013-12-16 18:31

#101: -  

It's not just about lowering the taxes. Why should we have to assemble a committee of citizens when we PAY ALOT for people who are "hired" and  supposed to be doing it. We might as well get them out and do it ourselves for free. I bet we'd save a few bucks there!!! a few hundred thou!!

It's about all those things being done that are not in our favor. Maybe the Mayor isn't just as lucid as we might think. Or is there just too many "FRIENDS" in the workplace? He seems to have forgotten that he works for US and not the opposite. Anyways, one thing is for sure, he and other "friends" will not be around on the next voting.

It's about time people stood up for themselves. Are we being slowly drawn into dictatorship? Wake up people!!

#105 town meeting 16/12/13

2013-12-16 22:54

increase water taxe 100.00$ per houses,sewers 125$ per houses for 2014 tonight at town meeting...it's now 5:56 pm hope this is a joke...

#106 Local Newspapers

2013-12-16 23:04

just to show you the "CLICK" local newspapers are afraid to talk about the council and M.Mayor,you have to go read le droit lol or radio Canada them they are not afraid .....
les journeaux locaux ont peur de parler du conseils et du Maire faut aller voir sur autre journal comme radio Canada et le droit eux ils en parlent..pas des peureux.

La firme du logiciel , les erreurs ne veux pas commenter lol ils le savent que ses l'erreurs de la personne en arriere du clavier..

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2013-12-17 02:58

dom

2013-12-17 03:05

I thing the mayar is full of crap. AND he can,t let the people talk.

2013-12-17 11:59

10 minutes of speaking... But the mayor takes 5 minutes to answer a question wich is simple to answer we want more details on our taxes bill on how it is divided and where it goes... We have to pay more water taxes because we are short on the budget but when he asked where does the money come from for the soil examination M.Carrier said it came from the water budget so really they are not missing water money to cover the year 2013 .. M. Thibodeau asked a question that he already knew the answer ... Where does that 150000$ come from ... He wanted to let the people know that the water CAN be lower than what it is now. thank you M.Thibodeau to share with us that they are full of shit when they say the water budget has to have a minimum amount incase of unexpected repairs but you want to take that money for soil test ...

2013-12-17 13:35

40% of our taxes goes to the OPP and 15% to the fire department... In my opinion it is not only the fire department wich is too high but the OPP ... cut it down to 30% and the 10% missing ill go buy myself a weapon to protect my family .. so the OPP can park themselves on corner and give tickets and have free lunch a Burger King and Tim Hortons or whatever they do

2013-12-17 14:23

opp should be in prescott russell and we should have the municipal police back in town to cut of down the deficiet
Stella

#112 Author of petition

2013-12-17 15:37

#101: -

In reply to your comment, I must say I applause the author of this petition.........................he is the first person I have ever been aware of who has made a direct effort to provide changes to the tax situation in Hawkesbury. I APPLAUSE him, and as for you, why don't you make a direct effort and create a town council!

#113 Re: Author of petition

2013-12-17 21:25

#112: Stella - Author of petition

thx stella i really appreciate your comment  paul depratto

#114 Dear santa

2013-12-17 22:50

Maybe for xmas we should trade mayors champlain mayor is doing a great job or give us back the one we had before I didn't vote for this one anyway well its Christmas a little magic is possible right and maybe maybe this one will resine nah that's a miracle i'm asking for peace on all of us ...amen remember to give even if its hard to.
ecoeurer

#115 Pauvre ville

2013-12-17 23:49

J'ai une question, la Ville de Renfrew en Ontario sont exempté de devoir faire des clean air test sur leur véhicule quand il renouvelle leurs plaques parce qu'ils sont considéré comme vivant dans un endroit TROP pauvres pour payé ce genre de frais. Ils ont aussi d'autres exemptions car ils vivent dans un endroit trop pauvres... A quand les memes exemptions pour nous à Hawkesbury ?

2013-12-18 20:47

Il est temps de se serrer la ceinture et de vivre selon nôs moyens.Déjà 2 bonnes nouvelles dans le Régionale de cette semaine:le Complexe sportif et le service des incendies

2013-12-19 00:18

Ya juste le regional qui est pas peureux comme les deux autres pour dire un peu plus de nouvelles..

2013-12-19 00:49

about time somebody try to do something.

2013-12-19 02:30

il est temps que nos taxes arrete de grimper .

2013-12-19 11:44

Si M.Thibodeau croit que le deficite serait capable d'endosser les montants pour baisser les taxes pourquoi est-il le seul a pouvoir voir ca dans le budget et non les autres? Sur notre prochain bill d'eau nous allons avoir un surplus de 53$ pour une faille du system d'eau ceci n'est pas notre erreur pourquoi payer pour l'erreur qui est pas la notre...

2013-12-19 14:24

A la prochaine élection, ceux qui veulent se présenter devrais commencer par dire la baisse de salaire qu'ils sont prets a prendre pour aider a relever la situation catastrophique actuelle.

2013-12-19 15:47

20 years ago we had the same population in this city of Hawkesbury. The difference now is we have 3 times as many employees. The first place to cut when you are short of money is within the municipal employees. Right there the City can save more than 1 or 2 million a year.
payeur de taxe

2013-12-19 22:33

pas bon sens les taxe ici je demeure sur la rue royal a hawkesbury un bungelow de 1800 pied carre et jai payer 5900 pour lannee 2013 ont est sur la retraite et notre argent va pour les taxe ici il faux faire des coupure les pompiers #1 a 1 million et plus par annee pas de bon cens et coupper les travaileur de la ville et faire sortir les polices de hawkesbury

2013-12-20 15:50

Tax payers should not be responsible for an error made by the Town of Hawkesbury. Our taxes are high enough. Most of the people are laid off or paid minimum wages. If you want to keep population in Hawkesbury the city better smarten up!

2013-12-20 17:05

I would like to know what my taxes are????