town of hawkesbury on canada

Quoted post

the eye that sees

2013-12-27 14:51

we need whistleblowers. We already know about a few of the mayor's "stupid" expenses. Imagine what we don't know... we might have a problem of little brown enveloppes being given out. We don't need that many employees, our roads are not maintained. Where do they hide? Does anyone know how much we pay our white and blue collars? All this information should be made public without having to go thru a complicated bureaucratic system. We should have access to their latest conventional agreement. Lay-offs should be made. When you run in "the red", you make cuts!! Those who don't want to take a pay-cut, well, get the hell out we have plenty of unemployed citizens who would gladly take the job for half of what we already pay. We need some new blood in this town and not those who have already had their opportunity to prove themselves and haven't been able to. (rumors are that certain ex-council members would like to come back). I say "no", you already had your chance. The reason you aren't there anymore is because you weren't elected. That means that not enough citizens believed in you, so step back.

We speak about selling our homes. Who the heck in his right mind would buy a home in a rundown town, overtaxed with very poor infrastructure which will require a tremendous amount of money in the next five years (12 millions$ estimated. But we all know that estimates tend to always be on the very low side of what the actual costs will be), very poor administration from local government and a "not-so-secret" selective group of businessmen who are the ones actually running this town.

Fire department services that cost a fortune to operate. A great part of the town's budget is forwarded to the department. Why is that? This is only a 10 800 town!!! Maybe we should rent services from Champlain? I'm sure we would save quite a bit of money with that move.

Police department services. I'm not saying the cops are not doing a good job, but i'm saying that why does it cost us that large an amount of money? They need a larger building? Why is that? Did the local "regulars" (the ones that the cops keep arresting over and over again and then they "spill" their guts about other criminal activities and get released. Kick those ****** out of town and ban them. Fees for police services are based partly on the number of calls in which their services are needed. That being said, when they have to deal with the same individuals for maybe 20 times a year, then it is reflected on the costs of the service. Get it?

If you are fed up with paying high taxes in a town where the services are not reflected from what you give, why don't you attend the town meetings. If you don't have the "time" to do so is that you might be a fortunate person who actually makes a whole lot of money than what you need and is doesn't bother you but if you are already struggling and are not doing anything about it, you deserve to dry up in this dying town!

Replies

#140 Re:

2013-12-27 15:25:35

#138: the eye that sees -  

si bien dit!!