Macleay Island State School Needs a New Principal

Quoted post

2014-02-11 10:22

My kids are not saints... but being told that it is better to keep my son at home rather than him attend school is not on. I was told if he did attend school this year, after having arrived only in October 2013, that I would be picking him up at around midday every day. They didn't want to go through the paperwork of expelling a child they didn't put in an effort to help I believe so chose to use bully tactics and make it as much of an inconvenience as possible. My sons 2 previous schools worked with me to help my son. Not against. The rest of my children still attend this school while my eldest has just begun distance education at home. I have many issues with this school but this is my main peeve.

Replies

Previn

#11 Re:

2017-06-26 02:00:00

#2: -  

Is it even legal to ask them to attend half a day? this has happened recently to a friend of mine and she moved her 6 yr old and he's happy at another school,I had my 15 yr old go through the same at secondary all because they didn't want him off the books officially...why's that? funding per student?