We Challenge Labour Campaign

Quoted post

#9 ESA

2014-02-23 10:58

I think people are only just becoming aware of how much suffering the Tory's have put on the sick members of our society. I worked very hard for 35+ years. Some days doing up to 17/18 hrs. a day when harvesting. I had 4 weeks of heart murmurs before having a heart attack. This was followed a couple of years later by a triple by-pass. The stress of having to go through the process of changing to ESA, made me have 5 serious and many more slighter angina attacks. This was not caused by the actual re-apply for benefits but the knowledge of how sick people were being treated. And the figures given for people dying within 6 weeks of being found "fit for work" some 10600 over a 13/15 month period. If this is supposed to be a democratic process of helping the sick to achieve, God help us if the government really gets nasty with us. A total re-think is needed, and who better to give "Proper" medical decisions about our health than our GP's who treat us on a daily basis.

Replies

stokesy

#12 Re: ESA

2014-02-23 11:32:55

#9: - ESA

Yes, I worked hard for over forty years, and in one fell swoop, I lost my health, and had my pension put back for two years!To be treated like some sort of workshy scrounger, and fall foul of Atos etc, is an insult too many!

I still cannot understand why human rights lawyers---who seem to crawl all over prisoners  'preotecting' their human rights, have failed to come to our aid.